Search for content in message boards

Lois wife of Joseph L Ryan

Lois wife of Joseph L Ryan

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 6:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Feb 2013 6:17PM GMT
I am trying to discover the death date and possibly burial location, maybe even obituary for Lois Ryan, wife of Joseph L Ryan (maiden name Miller). She was born in Pennsylvania in 1886 and the last time that she appears in the census is 1930, in Shrewsbury, where she is living with her husband (an electrician) and son Charles.

I believe that she must have died between 1930 and 1935 because her husband is in the 1940 census, a widower, living in Kansas where he was born. The record states that he was living in the same house in 1935, and I doubt that Lois would have moved to Kansas away from her only son.

Is there an archive of obituaries that covers this period and location? Or an archive of newspapers at a library that I could consult? Cemetery inventories? I've looked online and haven't found a burial record. Church records? She would most likely have attended a Methodist church.

Since I don't have the exact date and location of her death, the state is of no help.

Any advice will be very much appreciated!

Re: Lois wife of Joseph L Ryan

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 3:11AM GMT

Re: Lois wife of Joseph L Ryan

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 4:20PM GMT
Thanks for your reply. I had already searched there. I'm a pretty good/thorough detective, which is why this problem has me a bit stumped. Any other ideas?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions