Search for content in message boards

JOSEPH CRAWFORD

JOSEPH CRAWFORD

Posted: 21 Apr 2002 9:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for parents of Joseph Crawford who married Agness McCarter in South Carolina, Joseph Crawford's Dau Isabella Crawford married David Allen in Abbeville, S.C. They moved to Warren Co, Miss and are on the 1850 census. Their daughter Susan A Allen married Louis Martin from Louisians in Smith Co. Texas in 1855. Louis (Lewis) Martin was in the Civil War and never come home. They had three children. Any information on any of these families I would love to hear from you.

Re: JOSEPH CRAWFORD

Posted: 19 Jun 2002 2:27AM GMT
Edited: 21 Jun 2003 1:13PM GMT
I don't know if this is the same Joseph Crawford. I have a Joseph who was born in 1798 (I think) I believe in South Caroline. His parents were married in Abbeville in 1790. He ended up in Coffee County, TN. If any of this sounds like it might fit email me and I'll give you all I have which is not alot going back, but every step helps. Lynn (Crawford)Murray lynnm1111@attbi.com

Mary (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2002 3:00PM GMT
Do you know what year Joseph was in SC, and if there were any sons ? Thanks.

Posted: 10 Oct 2002 1:11PM GMT
Edited: 7 Mar 2003 2:46AM GMT
This is what I have in my files:
HUSBAND: Joseph (Not Proven) Crawford
DEATH : abt. 11 Jun 1798 in Abbeville Dist., S. Carolina
WIFE: Agnes ?
BORN: 1760/1770
DEATH: abt. Mar. 1842 in Abbeville Dist., S. Carolina

CHILDREN:
M--William L. ? Crawford
BORN: abt. 1776/1780 in S. Carolina
DEATH: 1840/1850 in S. Carolina or Alabama
SPOUSE: Elizabeth ?

F--Margaret Crawford
BORN: bef. 1790
DEATH: aft. 1838
SPOUSE: ? Harris
F--Isabella Crawford
SPOUSE: ? Allen
F--Elizabeth Crawford
F--Nancy Crawford
F--Mary Crawford

NOTES: Probate Paper's from Joseph's estate dated 19 June 1798 from Abbeville Co., S. Carolina state that his widow and administratrix was Agness CRAWFORD. Agness CRAWFORD, Archibald SCOTT, Alexander WHITE, Jr., and John CALDWELL of Savannah River were bound to the Judges of Abbeville Co. for $10,000. Inventory made by John CALDWELL, Robert DAVIS and James STEEL.

I am descended from Joseph and Agnes' son William L. Crawford. Where did you find that Agnes' maiden name was McCarter? I would like to have any info that you may have on Agnes' family.

Posted: 10 Oct 2002 11:25PM GMT
Edited: 9 Aug 2003 7:19PM GMT
I found Agness in the "Abstracts of Old Ninety Six and
Abbeville District Wills and Bonds" by LUCAS
on Page 217
McCarter, Nises-Box 64, pack 1544
Will dated Feb. 25, 1787 in Abbeville Dist. Prov. Jan 9, 1788. Exrs. John McCarter, Fleming Bates, Wit: Mary McCarter, Margaret Bates, Jos. Crawford, Wife Catren McCarter Chn. Robert. Moses McCarter Jr., Ann York, Catren Evans, John, William. Mary. Agness, Jennet, Jas McCarter, Margaret Bates.

P 61 Joseph Crawford-Box 19, Pack 395
Est. admnr. June 11, 1798 by Agness Crawford wid. Archibald Scott, Alexr. White, jr. Jno. Caldwell of Savannah River bound to the Judges Abbeville Co. sum $10,000,00 Inv. made by Jno. Caldwell, Robert Davis, Jas Steel.

Crawford, Agness-Box 23, Pack 520
Will dated Mar. 18, 1838 in Abbeville dist. Proved Mar 22, 1842 Exrs: Drt, Nancy Crawford, Stephen Jones, Wit: Jno. Speer, Jane M Pressly, Elizabeth Hutchison, Chn: Mary, Nancy, Elizabeth, Wm., Crawford, Margaret Harris, Isabella Allen. On Mar. 22, 1842 Jno. Speer Ment. that Stephen Jones had removed from the limits of this state.

Hope this helps. I went to Abbeville and copied some of the records. You could write for the numbers and they will send them to you . They are very helpful.

Posted: 14 Oct 2002 3:06PM GMT
Edited: 7 Mar 2003 2:46AM GMT
Hi. Thanks for the info. Now I have a new name to start on. LOL Have you found any info on the McCarters yet? I'll let you know if I find anything new on them or the Crawfords. Thanks again for the help.

Surnames I am researching:
CRAWFORD, ALDRIDGE, WILSON, McGEE, ALLEN, PRINCE, HUNTER, PORTER, STRICKLAND, JOHNSON, REE, COLE, COONS, BARNETT, BOUNDS, THOMAS, MOSELEY, SIMS, WILLIAMS, DOBBINS, COTHER, STRINGER, HOPKINS, MAULDIN, MOSS, HOSEY, KITCHENS, JONES, POOLE, GRISSOM, TUBBS, DUCKWORTH, SUGGS, HAYES, BRINSON, HEIDELBERG, BREAZEALE (and alternative spellings), SIMS, HILL, LOPER, HOWELL, MERRILL, COOLEY, BOUNDS, GOODWIN, OVERSTREET, BECTON, CARPENTER, TURNER, RAIA, LaPAGLIA, SALTALAMACCHIA
per page

Find a board about a specific topic