Search for content in message boards

Avoca, Wicklow, Ireland

Avoca, Wicklow, Ireland

Posted: 14 Jun 2010 8:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
My G.G.Grandfather was called William Leeson. On the 1901 census he was shown to be in the Templelusk area with his wife Mary and his children John, Mary, Bridget and Elizabeth. On the 1911 census he is shown to be licing with his daughters Bridget and Elizabeth with 3 Grandchildren James, Thomas and Bridget. Any one with any more info that would be apreciated. Anyone with any of these people in their tree it would be apreciated. Thanks

Re: Avoca, Wicklow, Ireland

Posted: 26 Jun 2010 9:56PM GMT
I can put you in touch with someone who did a lot of research in Avoca and had some Leeson relations. If you go back through all these messages off and on Leeson information has been posted.
www.familysearch.org

PILOT: FOUND UNDER SEARCH RECORDS on the mail page of
family search, and has 1864 + records to about 1950's.

Lots of information there with wives and children's names.

There are 6 listing in www.eircomphonebook.ie 2 in Aughrim
(closest) and 1 in Roundwood) I think if you wrote a form letter to all of them with what you know of the family you want information about you will probably get some answers.
No postal costs required outside Dublin and the eircom address sufficient for delivery.

On the Civil Registration CD of the LDS are 5 Leeson births but wives are either Charlote or Catherine.

1 William born Jan 1, 1868

William Frederick marriage to Eliza Mary Westlake 23 Feb 1847, Glenealy. Fa: Robert Leeson Fa: John Westlake

Annette Code
'genealogy for fun'

Re: Avoca, Wicklow, Ireland

Posted: 27 Jun 2010 3:51PM GMT
thanks for that annette. someone sent me a message with the same its good to know i can always ask for help. i have found some but as everyone says the records further back than 1901 are scetchy. fortunately my sister is going home for the holidays and is going to look in the library and go to avoca to the church. thanks any way
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions