COOPER Family

COOPER Family

Tom Cooper (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Apr 2010 6:30AM GMT
Surnames: COOPER, WYATT, CLARK, LEWIS, BROMIGE, YATES, SPOONER, ROBERTSON
I am seeking information on the following and their siblings:

The earliest COOPER ancestor I can trace with any certainty is Stephen COOPER, born Sevenoaks, Kent, ca. 1781. Moved to Greenwich, Kent (now county of London) in the early 1800s. Had children including my gr gr gr grandfather, William Stephen COOPER (born Greenwich 1819, died Pancras, London 1887). Stephen Cooper's wife was named Letitia (surname unknown). Stephen died in 1862, and Letitia in 1860, both at their residence, 8 Blisset Street, Greenwich. William Stephen Cooper was first married to Susannah WYATT in Surrey in 1841. She must have died in the 1870s or so. At the time of the 1881 William Stephen was with a second wife living in Pancras, London where he died in 1887. I descend from William Stephen Cooper's son, George Cooper, born in Kensington, Middlesex, in Oct 1847, died in Walworth, Southwark, London in May 1894. George Cooper married Elizabeth Jane Bromige, daughter of Edward Bromige and Jane Margaret Tilbrook, in Stepney in 1869. By the early 1870s they moved to Walworth, Southwark. I descend from their eldest son George Edward Cooper, born Jul 1871 in Walworth, died in Laindon, Essex in 1948. George Edward Cooper married Mary Ann 'Polly' Caroline CLARK, daughter of William James CLARK and Harriett LEWIS CLARK, in Walworth in 1893. I descend from George Edward and Polly Cooper's son George William Cooper, (my grandfather) born 1895 in Walworth, died at St. Thomas' Hospital, Lambeth in 1956. My granddad was married four times 1. Helen Spooner (in 1922 in Walworth), 2. Margaret Gilsdorf in USA, 3. Ellen Robertson (in 1941 in Sidcup, Kent), 4. Doris Yates in 1950 in Wandsworth, London. I will be glad of any help! Regards, Tom

COOPER, LND,MDX

Sue (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Apr 2010 6:30AM GMT
Surnames: COOPER, WALLIS,
Tom,
I also have a COOPER in my research. Am looking for any informtion on a Fanny COOPER who married Richard WALLIS in 1868 St.Leonard, Shoreditch, London. In the 1881 Census they were living at 526 Southwark Park Road,Rotherhithe, Surrey with children - Fanny, Henry,George,Sophia and Alice.
From the Census, Fanny COOPER was born at London, Middlesex around 1851.
Any connection with your line of research?
Kind rwgards, Sue (Tropical North Queensland, Australia)

COOPER 1868 Shoreditch, LND

Sue (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: COOPER, WALLIS
Greater London.
Dear Tom,
Thanks for the reply and ALL the info re your line. Like you, can find no connection, not even similar names (apart from George)with the children of Richard WALLIS and Fanny COOPER i.e. Fanny, Henry, George (1878) Sophia and Alice all born in Middlesex.
Thanks anyway.
Kind regards, Sue (Tropical North Queensland, Australia)

COOPER Family - Greater London Area

Tom Cooper (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Apr 2010 6:32AM GMT
Surnames: COOPER, CLARK, TILBROOK, WYATT
Hello Sue,

The names you mention don't ring any bells, but perhaps there is some distant connection. i have a pretty extensive Greater London connection.

My direct line from my granddad on back is as follows:

George William COOPER, born 6 Sep 1895, Walworth, London. Died 18 May 1956, St. Thomas' Hospital, Lambeth, London. He had four wives: 1. Helen SPOONER (married 1922 in Walworth) 2. Margaret GILSDORF (married in US in 1929), 3. Ellen Robertson (married in Sidcup, Kent in 1941), 4. Doris Alice YATES (married in Wandsworth, London in 1950). Doris survived my granddad. I would love to find out what happened to her!!!! She was born I think in 1907, and was still alive in about 1963. My granddad was buried in Streatham Park Cemetery.

George Edward COOPER, was born in Southwark, London on 2 Jul 1871, and died on 21 Mar 1948 in Laindon, Essex. He is buried at St. Nicholas Ch., Laindon. He married Mary Ann Caroline CLARK in Aug 1893 in Walworth, London.

George COOPER, was born in Oct 1847 in Kensington, Middlesex. He died in May 1894 in Walworth, London. He is buried at Nunhead Cemetery. He married Jane Margaret TILBROOK in 1869 in Stepney, London. She was from Greenwich, Kent.

William Stephen COOPER, was born in 1819 in Greenwich. He died in the Pancras, London workhouse in 1887. He was buried? He married Susannah WYATT in 1841 in Southwark, then part of Surrey.

Stephen COOPER was born in about 1780 or 1781 in Sevenoaks, Kent. He died in 1862 in Greenwich, then part of Kent. He married Letitia, maiden name unknown. I believe he was married once before Letitia, but I can't think of her name at the moment.

Regards,

Tom Cooper (of Burke, Virginia, USA)

SURNAME

ANA ALVAREZ (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: GEODJENIAN
GEODJENIAN

CLARK, COOPER Connections

Tom Cooper (View posts)
Posted: 26 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Apr 2010 6:33AM GMT
Surnames: COOPER, CLARK,
Hello Kevin,

I am unable to make any connections between your your COOPER and CLARKs and mine. It could be that further research will reveal a connection. Happy Hunting!

Tom

Clark/Cooper families - London

Posted: 26 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Apr 2010 6:34AM GMT
Surnames: Clark, Cooper, Trotman,
Tom,
I have a Clark - Cooper connection in my family.

My grandfather Frank Noble Clark married Florence Cooper 11th december 1914 in Southend-on-Sea Essex. He was born in Walthamstow in east London and she was born 1891 in Kensington London. Her father was Harry Cooper who died around 1933 as dis her brother Henry Cooper. Both father and son are buried in Southend.
Frank Noble Clark's parents were George Clark and Sabina Trotman, who were married at St Leonards in Shorditch. They had at least 2 other children Sidney Harold Clark who emigrated to Australia and married Ivy Bell, and Veda Maud Clark, about whom I know nothing other than her date of birth - June 1889. If anything matches please let me know.

Regards
Kevin

Cooper connections??

Linda Guest (nee Cooper) (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cooper, Kendell
Dear Tom,

I have only just begun researching my father's family and do not know whether there may be a connection between my family and yours.

My Dad, Reginald Cooper, was born in 1935, the only son (there were 5 daughters) of Percy Frederick Cooper and Edith Ethel Kendell. They lived in Tottenham, and on researching the Kendell branch of the family, they did too.

I believe my Great Grandfather was Frederick Cooper and he also came from the Tottenham area.
Unfortunately, this is all the information I have, as I said I have only just begun to research.

I do hope there is some connection as I seem to be living either on the net or in the Family Records Centre and getting nowhere fast.

Regards

Linda Guest (nee Cooper)

Cooper Connections

Tom Cooper (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Apr 2010 6:35AM GMT
Surnames: COOPER, CLARK,
Hello Linda,

There might be some connection way back there. My great-great-great grandfather was William Stephen Cooper, who was born in 1819 in Greenwich, and died in 1887 in a workhouse in Pancras, London. He had two wives, the first was my ancestor, Susannah WYATT (born Steeple Barton Oxfordshire, ca. 1821, died?) and a second one whose name I can't recall. The second one bore him a son whose name I believe had Frederick in it. This son had a son whose name was Frederick and he is shown in the house with William Stephen and his second wife in Pancras at the time of the 1881 census. I believe this child was born about 1878. I will check my records and get back to you. If you can obtain your grandfather's birth certificate, then you can confirm the name of his father and mother, and then obtain their marriage license which will enable you to go back yet another generation in the same manner. Another thing to do would be to pay a call at the Greater London Archives (I might have the name wrong) which I think is located at 40 Northampton St. in north London. They have parish registers and many other documents both in hardcopy and microfilm. If you can come up with some street addresses, then I think they could direct you to some likely parish registers to search for baptismal, marriage and burial records.

Regards,

Tom

Re: COOPER Family

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2002 12:46PM GMT
Edited: 12 Apr 2010 6:35AM GMT
Surnames: Yates
Tom do you have any more information on Doris Yates???

My grandmother was Doris Ann Yates born 08.12.1919 in Chelsea. She later moved to Wandsworth, Harrow, Hounslow over the course of 20 years.

Doris's parents were Herbert William Yates and Ann Lennard Yates of 57 Upper Manor Street Chelsea. Doris had siblings by the names of Herbert, Joseph, Queenie and Edward.

Around 1955 Doris married a Francis Patrick Feeney and another marriage in 1964 to Robert Chadwick.

Would very much appreciate any info
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions