Marcie Van Deren (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query

I may have a branch or twig or something that belongs to your line. Tell
me what you think.

I have an Elizabeth (Betsy) Monson b:1793/94 in Harrison Co.,KY. D;
before 1820 from a fall while she was riding a horse. She married Joseph
Van Deren in Harrison Co. 15/17 Nov 1814. They had no children that I am
aware of. Joseph moved to Coles Co., IL in 1833.
Her parents were (this is from Ed Dolan):
Isaac Monson (1765-1852) and Nancy Webb They moved to Illinois, Coles
Co, area in 1834. (Moultrie Co. is in the same area.)
Their children were:
Sarah
Elizabeth m: Joseph Van Deren
Anne
Isaac Moss
Emily
Mary
John
Lucy

Isaac's parents were:
Samuel Monson and Sarah ? Moss?

Joseph's brother, Stephen Murray Van Deren also married a Monson girl.
Mary (Polly), the d/o Samuel Monson and Clary Hudspeth in Harrison Co.
(The Hudspeth line is the primary one to the above mentioned Ed Dolan,
edolan@KC.NET).

I would really like to make sense out of these Monsons. There was also a
Thomas Monson who was very prominent in the Coles Co., public life who
was from Harrison Co. I don't know where he fits in yet.

Thank you, I appreciate your help very much.

Marcie Van Deren
Kalispell, MT
rmhc@digisys.net

GARRETT,MUNSON,EVANS

Bob Young (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 1998 12:00PM GMT

Looking for those who moved to Moultrie Co., Illinois in 1850s. Isaac MUNSON was the minister marrying many.
HENDRICKS is another member of the family.

Re: GARRETT,MUNSON,EVANS

Bob Young (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 1998 12:00PM GMT

I have found there were two Munson/Monson families in Harrison Co that moved to the Moultrie/Coles Co., Illinois area. I will respond within 24 hours

Diane Battershell (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 1998 12:00PM GMT

Samuel Munson/Monson who m/3 Sarah _______ came to Bourbon Co, KY ca 1788 with his 2 sons, Samuel Monson who m. Clarissa Hudspeth, & Rev Isaac Monson/Munson who m. Nancy Webb. Isaac Monson, son of Samuel & Clarissa Hudspeth Monson was b. 1801/2. He m. Harriet Johnson 31 Jul 1820 Harrison Co, KY & d. ca 1864 Moultrie Co, IL. They had son Samuel Monson b. c1829/32 who m. Catherine Jester 1857 Coles Co, Ill. They had son John R Monson b. ca 1833 who m. Martha Linville ca 1860 Moultrie Co, IL. They also had Susan, George, Sarah, Thomas & Joel Monson.as & Joel Monson.
Posted: 22 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 7:25PM GMT

Jesse Munson and his brother, Robert, were from N.Ca.
Migrated to La. and remained with Isaac and Samuel Munson of Bourbon Co Ky on the way. How are they related? Harrison Co. Ky was also home of Samuel Munson. As was Chennyville Ms.

Munsons who migrated to LA

Barbara Munson (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Munson, Ammons, Veran, Hutcheson, Oulliber, Blondeau, Wells, Collins, Bang, Scott, Sterling
Can you tell me anything about the Munsons who migrated to Louisiana? I am researching my husband's family here in Louisiana.

The furthest back I can get is Charles S. Munson, b. 1869 d. 1935 in Louisiana. He married Felicia Veran (b. 1865 - 1933); they were married 9/2/1886 in Orleans Parish, LA.

I have found Charles in the 1900 St. Tammany Parish, LA census, showing his mother Mary (b. Dec. 1840 in LA)and his step-father Henry Roth (born July 1831 in Germany) living with Charles and his family.

I would appreciate any information on the brothers who migrated to Louisiana - could be a connection there!

Thanks!
Barbara

Posted: 23 May 2002 4:38AM GMT
Surnames: Munson
I have a family bible that belonged to Joel Munson, born July 13, 1820, with other children listed as Sarah, Sabina, George Allen, Lovicy, etc. Joel Munson married Sabina Davis November 16, 1841. Do you know any family members who would be interested in having this bible? Roxanne Summers, email roxsummers @aol.com

Posted: 27 Dec 2008 2:35AM GMT
Surnames: Hendricks, Monson, Munson, Lillly
I have Europe Hendricks b 1808 Harrison Co. KY, son of Joseph and Mary Hendricks, married Lovicy Monson (Munson) in 1829 in Harrison Co. KY. She was b. 1812 Harrison Co. KY. They migrated in the early 1830's to Moultrie Co. IL along with lots of relatives including Hendricks, Monsons, and others. Europe and Lovicy Hendricks had 5 children: Lovicy, Polly, Paulina, Nancy and Sarah.

I also have a marriage between Daniel L.P. Lilly, son of Nancy Hendricks and Pleasant Lilly, and Sarah Monson b 1808 KY. (Nancy Hendricks and Europe Hendricks were siblings.) Daniel and Sarah married in 1828 in Harrison Co. KY. They, too, migrated to Moultrie Co. IL. They had 4 children: George, Sarah, Oris Jerome, and Daniel L.P. Lilly. See my posting on Rootsweb. Carol Wilson

Posted: 24 Jul 2011 7:18PM GMT
Surnames: Lilly ? Hendrix
I am from Pleasant Lilly & Nancy (Hendrix) Hendricks- would like to know more abou Daniel L.P.Lilly - 1st time I ever heard of him.

Posted: 11 Apr 2013 2:54PM GMT
Surnames: Munson
Joel Munson/Sabrina Davis were my grandfather's maternal grandparents. Are you still looking for a place for the family bible? I am interested. jalahman@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions