Search for content in message boards

Query

Posted: 25 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 May 2002 10:18PM GMT
Surnames: WARD, PIERCE, SOUTH
Bertie Co., NC. Who were George W. WARD and wife Clarisa A.
WARD, both decd by March 1897, leaving heir Clarisa L.PIERCE
widow of William PIERCE & daughter of Sally SOUTH(b.1820)

Penelope Ward

Terry Lane (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ward, Cock, Ayers, Worrell, Dickerson, Martin, Moss, Baxter, Goad, Jennings, Williams, Smyth
Looking for parents of Penelope Ward, mother of Mary, b. Bertie County approx. 1753.

Penelope Ward's Parents

Wally Cox (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ward, Cock
I show Penelope Ward b. 1754 Bertie Co, NC m. Andrew Cock 1777 in Grayson Co, Va. Andrew Cock b. 1747 Bedford Co, Va.

Penelope Ward dau. of James B Ward and Nancy "Bird" Brown.

Nancy "Bird" Brown dau. of James "Cherokee Chief" B. Brown. Wife's name unknown.

No listing of parents for James B. Ward.

Nine Children listed for Andrew Cock and Penelope Ward. I have two more children listed for Andrew Cock via 2nd marriage. Second wife's name unknown.

Penelope Ward

Posted: 21 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2002 5:38PM GMT
Surnames: Penelope Ward, John Coche
I know Penelope Ward was born here in Bertie Co.Her mother was Nancy "Bird" Brown,and father James B. Ward.James' father was Nathan Ward,nothing on his wife.Her grandparents were Cherokee Indian Chief,And mother Sarah Indian.I see the chiefs name was James B. Brown.Penelope was my gr-grandmother x8.I have alot of names of her descendants if you need them.Also,the Native Americans listed were Cherokee.It seems that they adopted many things from the white settlers in the area,including American names.That explains their names that are listed.

Re: Penelope Ward

Brenda Davis (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2004 4:11AM GMT
Surnames: Perry,Ward,Ashley and Etc.
Was the Nathan Ward you are talking about married to Lydia M.Ashley, My G. grandfather was NATHAN Ward, His daughter Tempie Ella Ward was my Grandmother. My Dad always said that his Grandmother was Indian, but I have no real proof. Hope these are a match . You can email me at the above email address

Brenda Davis (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2004 3:16AM GMT
Surnames: Wards,Perry's, Ashley's, &Etc
I see you mention Nathan Ward, inyour post, my Grandmother Tempie Ella Ward's Father was Nathan Ward. Her mother was Lydia Ashley. my dad always told me that his grandmother was an Indian Princess, Wold this be te same Nathan Ward. Lydia 's parents were Joshia Ashley and Judy Haste, Judy later married Benjamin Cullifer. Do you have any of these names in your data. Brenda Perry Davis

Re: Penelope Ward's Parents

Posted: 27 Apr 2006 8:06PM GMT
Surnames: Ward
Hi, I might have more information.
Still trying to find more. Penelope Ward was my 7th great grandmother. This is what I have.
Penelope's parents were James Brown Ward and Sarah "Yellow Bird" Nancy Brown.
James Brown Ward parents were Nathan Ward and Sarah "Nakey" Canoe.
Sarah "Yellow Bird" parents were Chief Red Feather Maghpiway Lenape, mother unknown.
Sarah "Nakey" Canoe, father was Chief Dragging Canoe "Tsi'yu-gunsini" and his father was "Attakullakulla" Chief Little Carpenter.
They had a cousin named Nancy Ward.
Like to hear form any others from the line.

Posted: 27 Apr 2006 8:15PM GMT
Surnames: Ward
We may be related. Penelope Ward was my 7th great grandmother.

Father James Brown Ward and Sarah yellow bird Nancy Brown.

Please let me know if they may be the same.
Teresa

Posted: 27 May 2010 5:41AM GMT
Surnames: Ward, Cooke
I am related to Nathan Ward who was married to Nakey Sarah Canoe. It goes back about 4 or 5 generations.

Posted: 22 Nov 2011 9:25AM GMT
im looking for the decendants of my mom ggf who is a indian chief by the name of red feather. ljchase8@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic