Search for content in message boards

Fort Smith and Western Railroad

Fort Smith and Western Railroad

Laquitta (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2002 9:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Last summer I was passing through your town. While there I got a paper about your town at the motel we stayed in. In it was a mention of a museum. It also showed a picture of the inside, which said FORT SMITH AND WESTERN RAILROAD. My grandfather worked for this railroad and died in an accident in the shop when a engine fell on him in 1922. I am looking for an address or some way to contact this musuem to find any additional information about my grandfather. My grandfather's name was Powell Clayton Martin. Thanks for any help you can give me!!!

Re: Fort Smith and Western Railroad

Posted: 1 Oct 2002 3:41AM GMT
Edited: 1 Jan 2004 4:22AM GMT
Surnames: Cash, Lemonds, Cox, Wright, Stone, Reeve(s), Kay, Nichols
Laquitta, I live in Meeker OK, about 4 blocks South of where the tracks ran through here.
This site may have something for you:
http://libraries.ou.edu/depts/westhistory/Winters/

Good Luck

Wanda (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2002 2:41AM GMT
Surnames: Matlock< Ryker, Sturch, Reynolds, and Boren
LaQuitta, unless they have found a new home for it the Museum is on Main Street. Just mail it to the Museum and it will get there.
The zip is 74859

Wanda in OK

Posted: 5 Apr 2003 6:11AM GMT
I was wondering if you found a good source of information for
the Fort Smith and Western Railroad. My Great Grandfather worked for them and was killed in May 1918, his name is
John Wesley McClain.

Thanks You For Your Time...
Cyndee

PaulineBeckman (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2003 4:31PM GMT
my father in law was sent to fort smith ark to set up the fort smtih and western railroad i am writing short stories and would be interested in any info you have regarding this railroad i can only tell you about my father in law and not a lot about the actual railroad itself.thank you i am looking for a photo if possible his name was Burchard Frederick Beckman

pauline beckmn (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2003 4:51PM GMT
i am looking for any info on Fort Smith and Western a photo would be great if you can help please contact me

Posted: 25 Dec 2012 3:24PM GMT
My greatgrandfather Sahm had worked for the Chicago Northwestern. He was one of the people who supervised the construction of this railroad. He settled in Prague, Ok afterwords. He had a brother, Rudi was a telegraph operator for the railroad. He was ambidexterous, so he would recieve and send 2 seperate messages at the same time. The telegraph lines used red glass insulators
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions