Search for content in message boards

McLaughlin's of Putnam County

McLaughlin's of Putnam County

Betty Martin (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McLaughlin
Am interested in exchanging any information on the McLaughlin's of Putnam County. My gfather was James Albert McLaughlin s/o Thomas McLaughlin. Thomas McLaughlin had several children according to the 1870 census.They were America, Martha, Mildred E. William S. and Frances C.
Any help will be appreciated.

Re: McLaughlin's of Putnam County

Posted: 24 Jun 2001 7:53PM GMT
Hello I hope youre still active , Im interested in Mclaughlins in that area, especially Fannie born abt.1872 that married Erasmus Ashworth at age 22 in 1894 in Kan. Co . Wv. She died when my Gmother was young , Mary Frances Ashworth born 1895 and was living with a Homer Williams family abt. 1900 at age 15. She married Andrew Franklin Adkins born 1892 . Only relatives names mentioned that I know of was a Bill Mclaughlin and a Violet and I'm not sure how the Williams family fits .Erasmus married a Cynthia Williams abt 1905. Thought to be Close Cherokee decendency in the family . Possable GG Grandmother named Malitha or sounds like Anyone Anywhere ?

Leslie R. McLaughlin-Knecht (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2002 3:53PM GMT
Betty, if possible, would you know where your g.g.grandfather, Thomas McLaughlin came from? I am looking for a Thomas McLaughlin from Longford County, Ireland( though he might not have been born there. Brother's are Patric, William and James. James is the youngest brother. William's family line I am still looking for too. I am a g.g.granddaughter of Patric McLaughlin. I can only hope these names will match, because my Thomas McLaughlin has been very hard to find. Sincerely, Leslie...

Posted: 2 Aug 2002 4:12PM GMT
Linda, if possible, I would like to know where your William (Bill) McLaughlin came from? Did he work for the Union Pacific railroad in UT? Thanks for your help,
Sincerely, Leslie...

Betty Martin (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2002 4:49PM GMT
Leslie, Not sure where Thomas McLaughlin comes from. He is hard to find anything on. could be they are the same one.
Just know he was in Putnam county WV.

Posted: 2 Aug 2002 6:05PM GMT
Betty, do you know if he was in Texas at all? The Thomas I am looking for was a Texas Ranger for a while, I'm not sure what year, but he met and married a lady( she was an Osage Indian), they moved to Oklahama because she got a land grant from the government. That is all the information I have on Thomas.

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2002 8:07PM GMT
Surnames: Mclaughlin , Ashworth , Adkins ., Williams , Tyree, Toney
Leslie , this is hopefully the Mclaughlin family I'm desended from . Please read down and see information concerning Thomas Mclaughlin that I recieved recently . Until recently I had no Idea as to who the parents or family of My Fannie Mclalughlin were or could have been and nothing is documentIed so far as to these being my GGGrandparents . Just an Aunts memeory of her father telling her she looked like Noah Mclaughlin when she was angry . She is now in her 80's She does remember him as her Grandfather . So if you or anyone has anything to share here then I would love to if nothing else have documentation that this is the parents of Fannie b. abt 1873 .. Im just beginning to aquire a little information ., The William or Bill and Violet are names my Mother mentioned . She died 3 - 6 -2002 and She remembered a Bill Mclaughlin possable Fannies brother visiting them when she was a child . She was born 3-4-1922 . This was Kanawha and Putnam Co. WV . However some of the family may have settled in Utah as the Williams family that raised my Grandmother ,after Fannies Death I have found recently did settle there . Sorry I cant be of more help .I have yet to make a connection to this Williams family and the Mclaughlins . There is a Mary Mclaughlin buried in the Cementery in the row of the Williams family . My Grandmother is also burried there . Let me know if anything connects please . Linda

Noah MCLAUGHLIN and Martha F. MEDLEY and children;

1. Pompey MCLAUGHLIN b. 1866

2. Charles Thomas MCLAUGHLIN b. 1870, married Mary C. TYREE, d/o Charles W. TYREE, Jr. and Martha America TONEY.

3. James MCLAUGHLIN b. 1872

4. Catherine MCLAUGHLIN b. 1874

5. Mary Frances "Fannie" MCLAUGHLIN b. 1877, married Erasmus ASHWORTH.

6. Sarah Ellen MCLAUGHLIN

7. Homer MCLAUGHLIN

8. Rose Virginia MCLAUGHLIN

9. Frank MCLAUGHLIN

Messege I got recently
I found Thomas Mclaughlin in the 1850 Putnam County census, however I cannot prove that he was any relation to John Mclaughlin who was my great, great great, grandfather. According to that census Thomas was born about 1805. His occupation was listed as a boatman. John was born in 1810 and settled in Putnam County in 1830 with his parents Henry and Jane(Persinger) Mclaughlin. I do know that Noah Mclaughlin, who was Thomas's son, served in the Civil War. I hope this helps. If you find Thomas's parents name or any more information let me know.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic