Search for content in message boards

Mary RADFORD in Lincoln or Bedford Co. TN circa 1800

Mary RADFORD in Lincoln or Bedford Co. TN circa 1800

Posted: 27 Apr 2004 12:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 May 2004 1:16AM GMT
Surnames: RADFORD, PATTON
Looking for Mary RADFORD born circa 1804. She lived in Bedford or Lincoln County Tennessee in 1819 when she married James Andrew "Andy" PATTON. Soon thereafter it appears this family moved into Alabama. Certainly will appreciate any information on this RADFORD family!

Thanks
Ed Waller

Re: Mary RADFORD in Lincoln or Bedford Co. TN circa 1800

Posted: 13 Jun 2011 12:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Radford, Patton, Baker, Willcut, Handley
Well, I know a little. I don't know who her father or mother was. She shows up in 1830 to 1850 married to James "Andy" Patton. She tried to claim an 1812 war pension for her husband, but it was denied. She lived later with with her son James and his family in Jefferson, AL. I am most famliar with her son, Newton J Patton, who was born in AL, married Jane P Handley, lived in Walker County, AL and had seven children, of whom I am descended through Thomas Patton, born 1853 in Walker County and died there, having married Mary Susan Willcut and only one child, John Irving Patton, my great grandfather. He moved around, had several children in AL, and divorced his wife, Annie Bell Baker, later returning to AL to die. Their children are still living in AL, FL, SC, GA and other states.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic