Search for content in message boards

Obituary look-up please!

Obituary look-up please!

Posted: 8 Apr 2013 5:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: White Anderson
Can someone please help me to look up if there's an obituary on Svea A. White, passed away 18 July 2003 in Asbury Park,
Monmouth,NJ. She was born on 3 July 1919 in New York. Maiden name Anderson, if that helps. I would like to know if there were some children.

Thanks!

Re: Obituary look-up please!

Posted: 8 Apr 2013 7:55PM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 2 Jun 2014 7:50PM GMT

Posted: 9 Apr 2013 5:04AM GMT
I don't think there are any connections there I'm afraid, but thanks anyway.

Svea is an unusual female name for the US, but not uncommon here in Sweden. Especially not 100 years ago. :)

Posted: 9 Apr 2013 5:46PM GMT
Nothing comes up on the Press obits. Guess you found the SSI death index here on ancestry.
Was she married? Husbands name?

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 4:44AM GMT
She was married to an Ennis White who died in 1992 (I think). Maybe there wasn't an obituary on her??? I don't know how common it is in the States to have one??

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 7:12AM GMT
OK, the Asbury Park Press appears to have published her obituary or at least a death notice on 21 Jul 2003. Here is what came up in their archive search using just Svea White:
Obituaries
Asbury Park Press - Asbury Park, N.J.
Date: Jul 21, 2003
Start Page: 8
Section: A
Text Word Count: 5253

You would need to go to their archives website by copying and pasting this link into your browser:
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/app/results.html?st=basic&Qr...

Then for $3.95 you can purchase a copy of the entire obituary listing for that date (the text word count being 5253). Hopefully, this link will work for you. And there were two other obits (2000 and 2004) that came up using her name. Perhaps they also might be worth purchasing in case those mention her as a surviving relative. You can purchase all 3 for $9.95 or choose from several other purchase package options, if it suits your needs. They send you the full text online right away usually.

Your last option would be to contact the Asbury Park Library - online since it sounds like you're not local. Sure you could find with a google search. Good luck.

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 3:40PM GMT
Thank you! I'm going to check this out! :)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic