Search for content in message boards

Foley Co. Kerry

Foley Co. Kerry

Posted: 1 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2006 8:06PM GMT
Surnames: Foley, McKenna, Donoghue, McGillicuddy
Seeking information on JOHN FOLEY and wife Margaret McKenna from Co. Kerry they had a son JOHN b. 1880 in Killigorin Co. Kerry who married a ELIZABETH MCGILLICUDDY b. 1884 in Cloghan Co. Kerry they married in 1906 in Glenflesk Co. Kerry. Other information: John and Margaret had daughter mary b. 1868 in Milltown and Elizabeth had a sister Catherine b. 1870 in Coom Co.Kerry. ELIZABETH parents where Gerald"Jeremiah" McGillicuddy and ELLEN DONOGHUE.

URL

Charles (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Sorry, my URL didn,t show up on the last response.

Foley / McGillicuddy

Charles (View posts)
Hi Michelle, I have a Foley / McGillicuddy marriage in Kerry, but a later date. There may be a connection.
You can view what I have at the site listed below.
Cheers,
Chas.

Irish Civil records

Edited: 21 Jun 2001 9:38PM GMT
Irish civil records start in 1864 for all. Many events in your message starting with the marriage of Michael Bowler and Johanna Sullivan should be in these. The Irish civil records are indexed by year. The indices and actual records are available by microfilm order from the LDS. There was an excellent article on Irish Civil records at the link below. The events are referenced to Registration Districts, NOT counties. Here are the 7 registration districts, which are the old Poor Law Unions, for Co. Kerry:

Cahersiveen

Dingle

Glin

Kenmare

Killarney

Listowel

Tralee.

Best regards,

Kathy Flynn, CGRS

Posted: 7 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 May 2003 2:02AM GMT
Surnames: foley
Researching Elizabeth Foley born in Ireland in 1844 according to the 1881 Census. She married Henry Blackler and Lived in Liverpool England. Elizabeth had seven children listed on the Census. Her father's name was Patrick Foley, and I have no idea which County in Ireland she came from. I did find an Elizabeth Foley christened in November of 1845 birthplace Glen Flask, Co.Kerry. Recorded in Civil Registration for Ireland and her father is listed as Patrick Foley. Does anyone see any connections here.
I am desperate. Rosemary

Harrington ancestors of Kenmare, Kerry

Posted: 7 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 11:28AM GMT
Surnames: Timothy Harrington

I am looking for any information about a Kenmare farmer named Timothy Harrington who married Nellie Foley. They lived in a section of Kenmare called Lissyclearig. They had several children, the first of which was born in the mid 1800s. I have the marriage and Baptismal information about this Harrington clan, but no other information. I am particularly looking for information about a great grandmother named Nellie Harrington who emmigrated to the States. The year, the ship, and the port of embarkation are unknown. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

HARMAN BIRTH CERTIFICATE

JOHN MEAGHER (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: HARMAN, MEAGHER, MURPHY
I'm trying to locate/confirm details of the below in order that I may eventually obtain his BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

MR.FLORENCE HARMAN
Born 1854
Tralee County Kerry
[Died 15th December 1922 Waipawa New Zealand]

Married in New Zealand to:-

MARY CLUNE
Born 1856
County Clare
[Died 21st December 1926 Waipawa New Zealand]

The MEAGHER and MURPHY families are ongoing research.

If anybody can assist with info. re HARMAN would be appreciated.

Regards
John Meagher
New Zealand

Harrington ancestors of Kenmare, Kerry

Pat Martin (Harrington) (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Harrington
-What other info do you have? My greatgrandfather Patrick Harrington was born in Kenmare, 31 May 1864.. his parents were Jerry Harrington (shoemaker) and Mary Harrington (Shea). Would love to know who else you have found.
Regards, Pat

HARRINGTONS of Kenmare

Posted: 21 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 11:28AM GMT
Dear Pat,

I have traced my Harrington ancestors back to Timothy Harrington and Nellie Foley, who lived in Lisseyclearig, Kenmare. They were married in the 1840s and had several children. My direct line comes from their daughter Nellie Harrington, who moved to Wallingford, Ct sometime in the mid 1800s. She first settled in New Haven and married a Patrick Quinn there around 1876. When Patrick died she later married a Richard Connors who left her within a few years after the marriage. She then moved to Wallingford. She did have a brother named Patrick, but the genealogical records from the Kenmare Genealogical Centre, Ltd., of Cathedral Walk, Kilarney, show that Patrick was baptised the 27th day of March, 1858, a few years before your own ancestor. Timothy and Nellie also had a son Jeremiah, born in 1850. But in the census of 1911 he is listed as a bachelor, and again as a bachelor on his death certificate filed in 1919. You and I may actually be related through the Harringtons of Kenamre, but it could be a collateral relationaship. If your Harrington ancestors settled in Wallingford, CT, then we are in all likelyhood related. The Harrington homestaed still stands in Lisseyclearig, though there is no roof on it at this time. Sorry for the delay in resonding but I just walked through the door from a trip to Ireland for a visit to my Harrington cousins who now live in Nenagh, Tipperary. Do you know a Catherine Brewer? Her mother Sarah was a sister to my great grandmother, Nellie Harrington Quinn Connors. Catherine recently moved from Old Saybrook, CT to live with her son in California. She is now about 90 years old. A response would be most welcomed.

Dave

Other Harringtons?

Posted: 28 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jul 2003 12:39AM GMT
Surnames: HARRINGTON
I came across two Harrington households in the 1870 Dubuque IA census : 1) Daniel (52) and Cornelius (58); 2) Jeremiah (55) , wife Catherine, 45, children: Mary( 12), Cornelius(7).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic