Search for content in message boards

SNEE, TOOLAN, FLYNN, MCNULTY

SNEE, TOOLAN, FLYNN, MCNULTY

Posted: 4 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Apr 2002 3:19AM GMT
My grandmother was Marianne (Anna Marie) SNEE, b. 1885, Creevaun, Coolaney, Co. Sligo, daughter of Daniel SNEE & Anne TOOLAN. Believe Daniel's mother was Mary McNULTY and Anne's mother was Margaret FLYNN. I know what happened to 3 of my grandmother's siblings (Catherine, Patrick, and Margaret) but 3 others are missing - Bridget, James, and Dominick SNEE.

Snee's had cousins named Collery and Rooney and connections in New York City. Have located some Toolan relations in Coolaney & Ballisodare area but no Snees. Information gladly exchanged. Thank you.

SNEE

Anne Lydon Preston (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: SNEE
My father's mother's maiden name was Margaret Snee. She married Michael Lydon and raised 7 children in the northeastern part of Mayo near the Sligo border. Will be happy to exchange additional information obtained from my 91 year old father who still has cousins living near Sligo.

Snee

CMIKK (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Snee
I am searching for a Patrick snee . He is either from Sligo or Mayo. He was born 1770s? he married Lady Margaret Verdon in the 1790s and they had a daughter Named Honora. Born about 1794+ Any information you migh have would be appreciated.
Thank Yooou
CMIKK

Snee

Tony McMahon (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
My Gt-Grandmother was Bridget Snee, daughter of Bernard Snee originally from Kilkelly, County Mayo.

SNEE Family

Posted: 6 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Feb 2002 2:43PM GMT
Surnames: SNEE, HIGGINS
My Great Grandfather, James Snee ( farmer ) married Mary Higgins in Coolaney ( Kiloran Parish ) on Feb 4th 1864.

Snee, James

Posted: 5 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Apr 2002 3:19AM GMT
Surnames: Snee
My gr, gr grandfather was James Snee who died about 1891 and whose wife was Mary (last name ?). Could be the same James? Their son Daniel, 1846-1914, was my great grandfather. Daniel and his family were from Creevaun, Coolaney.

Re: SNEE, TOOLAN, FLYNN, MCNULTY

Posted: 10 Jul 2001 2:22AM GMT
Surnames: mcnulty, rooney
I have a bridget mcnulty and a rooney listed in my family need more info

Posted: 10 Jul 2001 8:38PM GMT
My great grandfather was Daniel Snee, son of James Snee and (reportedly) Mary McNulty. As Daniel married, lived, and died in Coolaney, Co. Sligo, it is a good chance his parents lived there also. I have been unable to document whether his mother was or was not a McNulty but that is the info rec'd verbally from my family.

The Rooney connection is via Anne Toolan, Daniel's wife. Her sister, Mary, married John Rooney (all from Coolaney area). The had two dtrs (that I know of) -- Nellie who married Eddie Lynch, and Norah who I believe never married. Nellie and Norah both emigrated to NY City. As children my aunt and father visited them. Unfortunately, I don't have dates for these folks.

Posted: 11 Jul 2001 1:40AM GMT
thanks for the reply, my ggrandfather was james rooney born in rochester ny and his father was thomas roney married to bridget mcnulty both from ireland.

Posted: 11 Jul 2001 1:41AM GMT
Surnames: rooney mcnulty
thanks for the reply, my ggrandfather was james rooney born in rochester ny and his father was thomas rooney married to bridget mcnulty both from ireland.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions