Search for content in message boards

John and Mary Coulter, children Charles, Mary, Letia Maud, Elizabeth, Hugh M., Isabella in Bexley Twp, Victoria County

John and Mary Coulter, children Charles, Mary, Letia Maud, Elizabeth, Hugh M., Isabella in Bexley Twp, Victoria County

Posted: 28 Jun 2003 4:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Would love to hear from anyone connected to the above family. John Coulter and Mary E. Noble were married on March 4, 1873 and moved to Bexley Twp where they appear on the 1881 and 1901 censuses. (Mary had died by 1901) John's parents where Hugh and Mary Coulter of Manvers Twp.
John was born on February 23, 1849. I am descended from John Noble, Mary's brother who settled in Haliburton County.

Re: John and Mary Coulter, children Charles, Mary, Letia Maud, Elizabeth, Hugh M., Isabella in Bexley Twp, Victoria County

sandra (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 2003 1:42AM GMT
Hi Brenda. Was wondering if you had ever found any connection with between your Coulter's and those in Haliburton County. Also, I live in Minden and am a member of the Genealogy Group here. There was a good article in one of our newsletters recently regarding the Noble family. Let me know & I can send it to you if you like.

sandra

Re: John and Mary Coulter, children Charles, Mary, Leila Maud, Elizabeth, Hugh M., Isabella in Bexley Twp, Victoria County

Glen Peel (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2003 4:37AM GMT
Surnames: Coulter, Peel, Edwards
Hi. Brenda
I have a connection to John and Mary. They are my great grandparents on my fathers side. John was born Feb 23 1851 and died in 1923. Mary was born in 1852 and died July 4 1890, she is buried in Bexley cemetery. They had 9 children; Charles Wesley, Aug 1 1873 - Apr 19, 1942; Mary Ann Elizabeth, Dec 13, 1875 - Aug 20, 1949; Leila Maude (my grandmother), Dec 8, 1877 - Jun 26, 1923; Mabel, 1880 - 1930; Susan F., Feb 28, 1881 - May 10, 1883; Hugh Melville, July 8, 1883 - Jun 22, 1941; Isabel, Oct 21, 1885 - July 20, 1933; Ethel, Sept 27, 1887 - Sept 6, 1893; Joseph, July 4, 1890 - July 4, 1890.
Mary died in childbirth.
Can you confirm their marriage date as Mar 4 1873.
One other thing, I have an Avis Helen Edwards born in Findlanders Sask. in my files who married George Peel. Is there any connection to you.

Glen

Re: John and Mary Coulter, children Charles, Mary, Letia Maud, Elizabeth, Hugh M., Isabella in Bexley Twp, Victoria County

Posted: 3 Sep 2004 6:08PM GMT
Could Your John Coulter Be related to Ida Coulter? My great grandmother Ida married John Hamilton Jones . Ida was born in either Ireland or Wales and she had alot of siblings. The names I have are Isabel (Bella),Linda, Louisa,Jenny,John and Robert who died as a child, there may have been more they would have been my ggaunts. I hope this is part of my line.

maryt37604@hotmail.com

Brenda Edwards (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2004 5:38PM GMT
I am not actually related to the Coulters except by marriage, but I did receive info from another researcher with the names of John Coulter's siblings and none of them match the names you gave. Sorry!

Shannon (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2006 3:56AM GMT
Do you have the names of the siblings as I have many Coulters but too many to write out but there may be a connection. Your assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Leila (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2006 2:54AM GMT
Surnames: Coulter, Noble
My great grandfather was John Wesley Coulter who married Mary Eleanor Noble. John was born 23 Feb 1851 and Mary was born 1852. Their children were Charles "Wesley", Mary Ann "Annie", Leila "Maud", Mabel, Susan F., Hugh "Melville", Isabel, Ethel, Joseph. Mary died when Joseph was born in 1890. Burials of some are in Bexley Cemetery, Victoria County. Mabel and Isabel moved west. Susan & Ethel died young. You will notice I got my grandmother's name - Leila. I would like any information that you might have regarding this family or information that you would like to share.

Shannon (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2006 5:04AM GMT
Unfortunately none of the names match with the information I have but if you find any names further back maybe there will be a connection so please feel free to contact me and we might find the branch later.

Posted: 10 May 2010 9:37AM GMT
Surnames: Coulter, Morrow, Noble, Peel
Hello,

Charles Wesley was my g grandfather, John Coulter was my gg grandfather and Hugh Coulter my ggg grandfather. Does anyone have any information on Hugh Coulter? I have found a marriage record from the Presbyterian Church, Killyleagh, County Down, Northern Ireland which shows he married Ann Morrow. But I'm not sure as I don't have the full record, just the record made available from Ancestry.com.

Thank you for your time.

Posted: 10 May 2010 12:39PM GMT
Surnames: Coulter, Noble, Peel, Morrow
I'm also trying to identify when Hugh and Mary Ann ("Ann") migrated to Canada, if in fact Hugh did marry "Ann" per my post above. As far as I can tell it was between 1847-1850 per a census which listed the two oldest children being born in Ireland and the rest in Canada. Later census's do not show this. Also would like to find if Hugh had other relations in Canada prior to arriving.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Feel free to contact me thru ancestry.com or my email: cwc1@verizon.net

Charles W. Coulter
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions