Search for content in message boards

Frank Arndt & Anna Luehring Arndt

Frank Arndt & Anna Luehring Arndt

Posted: 29 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Aug 2001 11:28PM GMT
Surnames: Arndt, Luehring
Looking for any information on Frank Arndt born to August and Marie Arndt.And Anna Luehring Arndt.Please anything will help.E-mail me at ssrest@dcwis.com Thanks, Mark

Arndt/Luehring family

Posted: 26 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Mar 2003 1:45PM GMT
Surnames: Luehring, Arndt, Joseit, Schad, Wendt, Korth, Boulduan, Hintz, Manthey, Miese, Schraufnagel, Kempf, Grabow, Herbst, Wendler
The Luehring family emigrated from Hannover Germany in 1892.
Frederick Luehring, his wife Johanna (Joseit) along with six children: Elizabeth 1880-1960, Wilhelmina "Minna"1882-1971, Marie "Mary"1884-1975, Johanna 1888-1975, Martha 1889-1983, Carl 1890-1965. Five children were born in Mayville, Dodge County, Wisconsin: Anna 1893-1951, Frieda 1894-1986, William "Bill" 1896-1966, Ewald 1900-1962, Oswald 1900-1967. I am looking for further information on the Joseit ancestry.

Luehring/Joseit/Schatt Ancestry

Angela Christina Luehring (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Luehring, Joseit, Schatt, Grippentrog, Mies
The Luehring family emigrated from Hannover Germany and I am currently in the process of contacting five different Luehrings in Hannover for further info. I will be traveling to Germany to research this info. in the summer of 2001. I am also looking for info. regarding the Joseit family. Currently, I know that the parents of Johanna Joseit Luehring are Christian Joseit and Margaret Schatt both of Germany. Johanna died in 1923 of pneumonia due to chronic asthma. I have some info. on the Schatt family but, need to verify it. Please contact me to share any new information.
angela@thesurf.com

Re: Luehring/Joseit/Schatt Ancestry

Posted: 22 Aug 2012 2:46AM GMT
Hi,

It's been 11 years since you posted the message that I saw today on Ancestry.com on your Luehring/Joseit/ Schatt ancestry.

I've been trying to find the link between the Mayville WI. Luehrings and my ancestors, who came from Wesenstedt, Diepholz, Lower Saxony, and settled in Greenfield Township, Milwaukee County, WI. I've got some info on them dating back to the 1700's

One possible connection: I vaguely recall an attorney coming to our house in Milwaukee when I was very young. His name was Fred Luehring. My dad told me later that Fred was "a second cousin from Mayville". So far, I've found nothing on his parents, etc., only a WW11 Draft Registration card that implies he was in the legal profession.

If you want anything on the Wesenstedt/Greenfield Luehrings, I'll be glad to send it.

My question to you:
1) Do you have anything on Fred's parents?
2) Do you have any other possible links between the Mayville Luehrings and my branch of the family?

'Hope to hear from you.

John H. Luehring (Nickname "Pete")
email address luehring.h@sbcglobal.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic