Search for content in message boards

Samuel C. Jernigan, Anson, NC

Samuel C. Jernigan, Anson, NC

Posted: 28 Feb 2001 2:28PM GMT
Edited: 21 Aug 2001 7:25PM GMT
I am looking for information on Samuel Jernigan 11/19/1771-11/8/1937. He lived in Anson Co., NC and married Rachel Hand.Their son, John Hand Jernigan, settled around Union Co. MS. contact me by e-mail lkay407@aol.com

Samuel Jernigan

Posted: 24 May 2001 6:32PM GMT
Edited: 21 Aug 2001 7:25PM GMT
Franklin Farmer 3511Elgenwood Trail Arlington, TX76015He has all about Samuel Jernigan

Re: Samuel C. Jernigan, Anson, NC

Posted: 23 Feb 2002 11:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Jul 2002 12:44AM GMT

Are any of the Jernigans from Anson County rumored to have Native American Ancestry? I am descended from a woman who spelled her maiden name Johnakin , but have since found out the name is really Jernigan or Jurnigan. The name Anson and Evander are male names that reappear in these families around 1880-1920 in Marlboro County, South Carolina. If you have any information, please email me at:
lil134mul@aol.com

Geneen Johnson

Posted: 1 Jul 2003 3:30AM GMT
Surnames: Jernigan
I believe he died in 1837, rather than 1937. Just wanted you to know I passed the test!

John Hand Jernigan was the father of 25 children, by 2 wives (concurrently, not simultaneously!). The youngest of the 25, George Washington Jernigan, was my grandfather. He was a blacksmith in Blue Mountain, MS up until 1943. They moved to Pascagoula, MS, so that he could work in the shipyard building US Navy ships for the war. In June of 1944 (right after D-Day) he fell from a scaffold and died a few hours later of the injuries.

I have a good deal of info about the rest of the family, if you're interested. Look forward to hearing from you.

Sam Jernigan

Posted: 8 Apr 2004 6:34PM GMT
I would love to hear from you about Samuel Jernigan. I believe he had a brother named Henry Bishop Jernigan that was my gggrandfather. I am needing help with the family beyond HB.. I do have a lot of info on the family as well as photos. Will share any I have. Contact me at ppaugh@arn.net

Pat Peckenpaugh

Posted: 1 Feb 2005 2:06PM GMT
Hi Pat

I have posted some information about the Jernigans lately. Take a look. I also recently received a new book for lookups and have another one on the way. I'll post it here when it arrives. The one I just received is Hotten's "Original Lists of Persons of Quality 1600-1700" and the one that's on it's way is Swem's "Virginia Historical Index". I purchased both directly from the Genealogical Publishing Co. in Baltimore, MD. Ancestry's Red Book, The Source and other books highly praise books published by the GPC. Somewhere down the line I think Coleman's "Complete Book of Emigrants" would be a very good buy as well.

See ya :)

Barry Jernigan
Murfreesboro, TN

Posted: 22 Feb 2005 12:56AM GMT
I read your message and I am descended from a brother of Henry Bishop Jernigan and Samuel Jernigan Jr. My ancestor is Clement. If you wish to swap information, please contact me at ERSCELTIC@AOL.com. Libby
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions