Search for content in message boards

pagan from scotland

pagan from scotland

Posted: 2 Jan 2009 3:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: pagan
I have a pagan who came to canada in 1901
his family came about 1903 and they settled at Yellow Grass, Saskatchewan.

Re: pagan from scotland

Posted: 12 Dec 2009 11:52AM GMT
I have Pagan family in Ayrshire Scotland, do you have more details, his name and date and idea where he was born, I could check my info for you.

Re: Pagan from Scotland

Posted: 13 Dec 2009 9:40PM GMT
Surnames: PEGAN, PAGAN, Downing
Andrew Pegan was thought to be of Scots-Irish descent.

His Last Will & Testament (copy posted on this Message board) was filed for probate in Lancaster County PA dated 9 September 1788, and names his children. His daughter, Mary was a John Knox Presbyterian following the Scotch heritage. Her marriage to John Downing is recorded in St. James Church records. They migrated to Chester County SC before the Revolution and both are buried in Fishing Creek Presbyterian Church-Cemetery in Chester County.

Would he be related to your Scottish family, even though his name is spelled differently...they are often used interchangeably.

Posted: 2 Jul 2010 12:02AM GMT
Surnames: Pagan
Hi!

I knew of this line of Pagan's as my grandmother, Elizabeth Mary Pagan came to Wiseton, Saskatchewan, married my grandfather John Tweedie. My grandmother's cousin, Bill and family came to Wiseton as well. Their decendants live in Edmonton as I understand. My grandmother was a twin daughter of David and Elizabeth, sisters - Maggie, Ella, John and Thomas. There may have been more, but don't know names. Elizabeth Pagan was an Edgar who had three spinster sisters.

Posted: 8 Feb 2011 8:18AM GMT
Hi Sharon, You can contact Me for all the info you need regarding the "Pagan" Family from Scotland.
warm regards
Larry Pagan

Posted: 8 Feb 2011 11:28AM GMT
Hello,

If you have any information on a William John Pagan in Glasgow or Dumfriesshire Scotland who married Ann Scott my husband would appreciate it. We have his descendant information but we can't get any further back than this.

Thanks,
Lujuanna Pagan

Posted: 4 Nov 2011 10:12PM GMT
My grandfather, Walter Edgar Pagan, whose father, Louis Halliday Pagan was born in St. John, New Brunswick, must have descended from the same Scottish family as Elizabeth Pagan (whom you mention was an Edgar.) Louis' father was David Pagan, born in Moffat, Scotland in 1815. David's wife was Mary Jackson. Do you have any information on these people?

Would appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks

Posted: 6 Nov 2011 3:07AM GMT
Oh wow, this is great! I will have a look, I have some documents and I've been working on the tree. You can see that there are ancestors beyond David Pagan in my tree. You are welcome to look around there. On the Edgar side, there is one story that I was told as a child. My grandmother, Elizabeth Mary Pagan, had three aunts that lived in the family home. They were spinsters and when they passed without descendants, the home that was in the family for hundreds of years was sold. My aunt did have an earthen ware vase that has since been lost, but it too was hundreds of years old.

I can tell you that we have a cousin, Gavin Pagan, of Edinburgh, who is a very talented musician. He and his wife have come to Canada and they were great folks. His father had been a minister of a church in Dumfries in the
'60's. He has a brother and sister as well.

Hope this helps some, but I will continue to search as it is my winter project.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic