Search for content in message boards

Upload FTDNA Family Finder results?

Upload FTDNA Family Finder results?

Posted: 26 Jun 2012 7:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Can I upload my Family Tree DNA results from the autosomal Family Finder test to AnecestryDNA? I assume they must be using a similar testing method so they should be compatible. I would like to use the tree comparison feature that Ancestry.com has without ordering yet another DNA test.

Re: Upload FTDNA Family Finder results?

Posted: 26 Jun 2012 9:12PM GMT
No, Ancestry has no option to import autosomal DNA results. FTDNA is the only company to allow imports of autosomal DNA so far. However, there are third party websites, like GEDmatch.com, with more utilities to analyze or compare autosomal DNA.

Neither does Ancestry allow users to download their own raw data. If they did, their results should be compatible for import into FTDNA's database, like you can with 23andMe results.

Posted: 4 Jul 2012 3:39PM GMT
I wish they would, you can download your autosomal results in a nice excel file from FTDNA I don't know why Ancestry wouldn't be able to upload it. it's not like we have to type in 700,000 locations. You can however manually enter your Y-DNA results and also your mtDNA from FamilyTreeDNA. For $99 I decided to take the AncestryDNA test just so I could also have my autosomal results on Ancestry as well

Posted: 8 Jul 2012 9:42PM GMT
AncestryDNA is still in beta and is concentrating on user friendliness at this time. The last time that I heard, they do plan to allow the downloading of "Raw data and perhaps the uploading of 3rd party data as well. FTDNA promised to allow the uploading of third party "Raw Data" roughly a year before it actually happened.

Posted: 25 Apr 2013 2:42PM GMT
Edited: 25 Apr 2013 2:43PM GMT
Raw data from ancestry.com autosomal dna tests can now be downloaded..

Posted: 1 May 2013 12:02PM GMT
Edited: 1 May 2013 12:03PM GMT

http://www.yourgeneticgenealogist.com/2013/03/ancestrydna-ra...

"Bennett Greenspan told the audience that Family Tree DNA will be accepting AncestryDNA transfers into Family Finder starting on May 1st."

My question is how can you get an account with Family Tree w/out actually buying one of their tests?

Posted: 1 May 2013 12:39PM GMT
"My question is how can you get an account with Family Tree w/out actually buying one of their tests?"

You can't; but you can upload your Ancestry data to gedmatch.com and compare it with FTDNA customers who have done the same.

Jim

Posted: 1 May 2013 1:34PM GMT
There will be a fee for uploading the results. If you have an account for any other type of test at FTDNA, your AncestryDNA results will be integrated into that. If you have no account at all, one will be created at the time you order the upload. (I'm basing that on the 23andMe transfer method.) I'm sure there will be announcements / publicity when FTDNA is ready -- I rather doubt it will be today, given their recent problems in converting their existing database to the Build 37 reference sequence.

Posted: 1 May 2013 4:42PM GMT
I just checked and it's not there yet - only info about 23andMe uploads. The only issue with gedmatch is that I suspect it represents only a fraction of the FTDNA customer base.

David Mc

Posted: 14 Jun 2013 8:35PM GMT
"My question is how can you get an account with Family Tree w/out actually buying one of their tests?"

They are now accepting transfers from Ancestry at a sale price. See their website under "Products"

Barbara
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions