Search for content in message boards

Brick Church

Brick Church

Posted: 28 Aug 2012 12:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Carson
Does anyone know what denomination the Brick Church in Greenbush, Sheboygan, WI was? I have some ancestors buried in the cemetery and was just curious to the denomination.

Thanks
Paula Cary

Re: Brick Church

Posted: 30 Aug 2012 11:38AM GMT
Edited: 30 Aug 2012 11:38AM GMT
"The History of Northern Wisconsin", 1881, p. 1011 says that it was affiliated with the Christian Church or the "Campbellites".

"The Herald of Gospel Liberty, Sept. 15, 1910, v. 102:27-52, p. 1176:3 indicates that the church was a congregation of the General Convention of the Christian Church, Central Wisconsin Conference.

In 1933, church services were resumed there and the congregation re-organized as "Community Church". The former Christian Church pastor, Henry E. Polley, now a Unitarian, served the church.

During pastoral vacancies, the local Methodist ministers would preach there.

Re: Brick Church

Posted: 30 Aug 2012 12:44PM GMT
Thanks Michael. Not at all surprised that it was you to reply to this. The ancestors I'm refering to are Carson ancestors from my Grandpa Cary's family tree. Grandpa Cary was a Methodist and so far I can determine that other branches from his line were also Methodist. Since the Carson's are buried in the Brick Church Cemetery, we were trying to determine what religion they would have been. And if Methodist ministers preached their, they could have been Methodists yet. Thanks. Helps a lot. I will look over the email you sent me as well too. Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions