Search for content in message boards

Grancsay

Grancsay

Posted: 15 Jan 2009 6:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Grancsay
I located an ancestor through the Ellis Island website with the last name as "Grancsay". It is noted that his residence was in Russbash, Hungary. Is anyone familiar with this town's location? He notes on a census record that his native language is German. He arrived on the Vaderland in June, 1903... full name listed is Andreds Grancsay. Any help on trying to locate exactly where he migrated from would be appreciated.

Re: Grancsay

Posted: 15 Jan 2009 6:37PM GMT
lori4209

Grancsay, Andreds Russbash He has that he is Magyar.
His first name would be Andras (Andrew)
Russbash is Ruzsbach as in Nizne Ruzbachy (Alsoruzsbach, Aslozugo, Szepes megye) and Vysne Ruzbachy (Felsoruzsbach, Felsozugo, Szepes megye, Hungary ) now Slovak Republic/Slovakia.
http://slovnik.juls.savba.sk/?w=ruzbachy&s=exact&d=k...
An ALL site for research in Slovakia:
www.iabsi.com/gen/public
You might also want to look at GRANCSAIs and GRANCAJs manifest.

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 1:24PM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Surnames: Grancsayi
Dear Lori, My name is, Gail Grancsay and if you are looking for Andras YOU ARE MY COUSIN!! I am thrilled to see your post. Andras came to NY with ten other family in the year 1900-1901. Andras was a brother to my grandfather, Josef. I believe that there also was an Alexander. Stephen and Alexander seem to be big names in the family. They disappeared into the state of PA. There was also an infant, Stephen also a brother to my grandfather, Josef. Stephen grew up to be Curator of Arms and Armor in a 60 year steller career that it would take me an hour to tell you! You will find the family tree on Jewish Geneology. Yes! We'Re Jewish if you didn't know. I can be reached at 707-841-7544. My email is ggrancsay@gmail.com. Please write me so I know where you fit in. Again, thrilled to find a relative !
Sincerely,
Gail Ann Grancsay

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 1:27PM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Surnames: Grancsay
Dear Lori, My name is, Gail Grancsay and if you are looking for Andras YOU ARE MY COUSIN!! I am thrilled to see your post. Andras came to NY with ten other family in the year 1900-1901. Andras was a brother to my grandfather, Josef. I believe that there also was an Alexander. Stephen and Alexander seem to be big names in the family. They disappeared into the state of PA. There was also an infant, Stephen also a brother to my grandfather, Josef. Stephen grew up to be Curator of Arms and Armor in a 60 year steller career that it would take me an hour to tell you! You will find the family tree on Jewish Geneology. Yes! We'Re Jewish if you didn't know. I can be reached at 707-841-7544. My email is ggrancsay@gmail.com. Please write me so I know where you fit in. Again, thrilled to find a relative !
Sincerely,
Gail Ann Grancsay

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 12:17AM GMT
I concur with Zlatica. The surname, spelled Granc'ay in Slovak, still occurs in the village of Vys'ne Ruz'bachy, located in northern Slovakia just east of the High Tatra Mountains. The village is famous for its spa and sculpture garden.

Priezvisko GRANČAY sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 29×, celkový počet lokalít: 14, v lokalitách:

[=In 1995, the surname GRANC'AY was found in Slovakia 29 times in these 14 localities:]

VYŠNÉ RUŽBACHY, okr. STARÁ ĽUBOVŇA – 8×;
KRÁĽOVÁ (obec BANSKÁ BYSTRICA), okr. BANSKÁ BYSTRICA – 3×;
BREZNO, okr. BANSKÁ BYSTRICA (od r. 1996 BREZNO) – 2×;
SPIŠSKÁ BELÁ, okr. POPRAD (od r. 1996 KEŽMAROK) – 2×;
TREBIŠOV, okr. TREBIŠOV – 2×;
TRENČÍN, okr. TRENČÍN – 2×;
ZEMPLÍNSKE JASTRABIE, okr. TREBIŠOV – 2×;
PETRŽALKA (obec BRATISLAVA), okr. BRATISLAVA – 2×;
ĽUBIETOVÁ, okr. BANSKÁ BYSTRICA – 1×;
HRONEC, okr. BANSKÁ BYSTRICA (od r. 1996 BREZNO) – 1×;
KLOKOČINA (obec NITRA), okr. NITRA – 1×;
MAZORNÍKOVO (obec BREZNO), okr. BANSKÁ BYSTRICA (od r. 1996 BREZNO) – 1×;
MNÍŠEK NAD POPRADOM, okr. STARÁ ĽUBOVŇA – 1×;
STARÉ MESTO (obec BRATISLAVA), okr. BRATISLAVA – 1×;

Posted: 3 Jun 2013 4:20AM GMT
HI MARK! CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME IF YOU ARE RELATED TO MARY GRANCSAY FROM MERICOPA COUNTY, AZ?
THANKS,
GAIL

Posted: 4 Jun 2013 12:44AM GMT
I was just trying to help out Lori; she's the one with a Granc'ay relative.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic