Search for content in message boards

Washington Roberts

Washington Roberts

Connie Humphrey (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2000 11:55AM GMT
Does anyone have verification that Washington Roberts b. abt. 1835, and Elizabeth Sizemore b. abt. 1837, are the parents of John E. Roberts b. bet. 1852 and 1859? Do you know if there are other children besides John E. ?
Appreciate any info. Connie clh@2geton.net

Washington Roberts

Clayton (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2000 9:06PM GMT
Connie: I have a little information about Washington b 1835 but the infro I have list him as the son of Thomas Roberts b 1808 and Nancy Bowling b 1808. Brothers Sisters was Elizabeth b 1830, Susan b 1830, Orrs b 1832, Rachel b 1837, Mary b 1837,Garrard b 1842, China b 1845, Daniel P. b 1847. I donot know if this is the same Washington Roberts

Washington Roberts

Connie (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2000 10:27AM GMT
Clayton, Thanks for your reply. Yes, this is the same Washington Roberts. His fathers name was Thomas Boone Roberts.
Washington married Elizabeth Sizemore and they had a son John E. Roberts. I've been told by some of Washingtons descendants that he and Elizabeth had other children but no one knows their names.
Are you searching the Washington Roberts family? If so I would appreciate any other info you may have. Let me know and I may have something I can share with you.
Thanks, Connie clh@2geton.net

Roberts

Connie (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2001 6:13PM GMT
Clayton,
I sent you an e-mail explaining why I didn't get the one you sent me. Please post any further messages to me, on the Roberts family, here on this message board. I'm sure you will understand why. Don't know what happened, but it did.
Thanks, Connie

Washington Roberts

Posted: 5 Feb 2001 2:29PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 3:59AM GMT
Connie,
I am looking for Washington Roberts but the one I am trying to research was married to a Martha King. They had a son named Robert S. b: 1863. I am told that they are from Wayne Co. KY (Monticello) but I can't find them in the census there. I did find a Washington Roberts in the Clay Co. KY census of 1860 living with or children of Thomas and Nancy Roberts. He was 25 at the time and it says he was farm labor. Is this the same one? Could he have been married a second time to Martha? Where is the Washington you have info on buried? I am told that the one I am looking for died near Norma TN (Scott Co). Washington would be my husbands ggggrandfather and I am getting my information from Washington's ggrandson who is still alive. Please let me know if we are researching the same person.
Lorri

Washington Roberts

Connie (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2001 7:34AM GMT
Lorri, The Washington Roberts b. 1835, shown in the Clay Co. Ky census with his parents Thomas and Nancy was my husbands gggrandfather and Betsy (Elizabeth " Betsy" Sizemore) listed below his name was his wife. She died prior to 1863 but to my understanding Washington remarried to another Elizabeth (surname Webb, I think). I also believe that this Washington stayed in Clay Co. but as of now I can't swear to it.I do know he was in Clay Co. in 1870 because he and his second wife, Elizabeth, had three children there.
Sorry I can't be of anymore help but if I come across your Washington I'll sure let you know.
Good luck in your search, Connie

Re: Washington Roberts

Posted: 11 Aug 2002 6:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Aug 2002 3:26AM GMT
Surnames: Webb, Bowling, Hensley, Baker, Stephens
Connie . . .Washington Boone Roberts did marry second time to Elizabeth Webb. I have a copy of their marriage license/certificate from Clay County, KY. She was the daughter of Eli (Ailey) and Lucinda Webb. I also have a copy of Elizabeths death certificate. (I am a Webb descendant of Elizabeths older brother Julius Webb)

carol rogersr (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 2002 5:38AM GMT
I am looking for any info on a william francis roberts born or around 1858,he is my husband g-grandfather.
thanks carol

Posted: 20 Feb 2010 11:46PM GMT
Surnames: Roberts
The Betsy that is living with Washington Roberts in 1860 and the mother of John E. is not Sizemore. If the Washington marrying Sizemore in 1860 is the same one John was over a year old. I have a copy of a letter John wrote to his daughter Dema in 1926 stating "his Grandfather Helton was fullblood Cherokee and his Grandfather Roberts was half if not fullblood." Linda Sibley had an excert from a lrtter written by Washington's daughter Mary Eastep to John's daughter Martha Dixon saying his mother was Sis Helton who later married Bob Davidson. The letters written by people who would know is proof to me that John E. Roberts mother was Elizabeth "Betsy" Helton. Will be happy to send a copy of the 1926 letter. Dema Roberts Holland was my husbands grandmother. Daniel Boone connection is through Elizabeth Webb. Daniel's mother's sister married Webb and was her G or GG grandmother. So all of John's siblings are kin to Booone but not Him. Pat holland, minutemaidokie63@yahoo.com.

Posted: 27 Apr 2011 3:18PM GMT
Edited: 27 Apr 2011 3:25PM GMT
I wish This could be laid to rest. I have a copy of a letter John E. wrote to his daughter Dema in 1926 stating his grandfather Helton was full blood Cherokee. You can't have a grandfather Helton if your mother's name is Sizemore. Linda Sibly (who wrote a book with Roberts in it) said one of John's other daughters (Martha) had a letter that his half-sister Mary Eastep wrote saying John's mother was Sis Helton. Linda put Elizabeth Helton as John E. Roberts mother in her book! Dema was my husband's grandmother.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions