Search for content in message boards

REAGAN

REAGAN

Annie Savidge (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: REAGAN, ROBERTS, BRADLEY, MCKINLEY
Looking for family of Laura Belle REAGAN, born abt 1880 in Smoke Mount, Swain County, NC. Parents Thomas Reagan and Harriet Mills Roberts, Grandparents James REagan and Patricia/Martha/Patsy Bradley and Aaron Roberts and Annie McKinley. Need all dates, places etc. Laura was only able to give us names before she died.

Removed email address May 27, 2001 because it is bouncing.

Laura Belle Reagan

Posted: 25 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Apr 2002 3:57AM GMT
Surnames: Reagan, Bradley
Hi, was looking at Swain Co, NC data and found your message. Laura Bell Reagan was born April 3, 1882 at Smokemont (at the entrance to the GSMNP). Her parents were Thomas C. Reagan, born 1847 in Haywood County, NC and Harriet Mills Roberts born about 1860. Thomas and Harriet had the following children:

Clerinda P. Reagan (my great-great-grandmother), born 1-22-1868, died 8-12-1949, married John Morgan Bradley on 3-11-1883 in Swain Co. I can bring the lines forward for Clerinda's line and backward on Bradley and Reagan to about 1678 for you if you'd like.

George W. Reagan born about 1866 at Smokemont, married about 7/8/1884.

Laura Bell Reagan, born 4/3/1882, died 10/12/1960 in Colton, San Bernadino Co, CA. Married Alfred Lorenzo Yates on 8/19/1900.

Dialtha J. Reagan born about 1872 in Swain Co.

Aaron Reagan, born about 1874 in Swain Co

Harriet A. Reagan, born about 1876 in Swain Co.

Unknown child, born aabout 1870, died about 1871.

Luther L. Reagan, born 1/1880 in Swain Co.

A female child born about 1878, died 1879 in Swain Co.

Re: Laura Belle Reagan

Andrea Zuill (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 2004 4:25AM GMT
Surnames: Reagon, Roberts, Flud, Borders
I am also related to Laura Bell Reagan. Thomas and Harriet are also my GG Grandparents. My line goes like this:

GG Grandparents:
Thomas C. Reagan & Harriet Alice Mills Roberts

Their Daughter, my G Grandmother:
Harriet Alcie Donia Reagan, and her Husband is Isaac Nathaniel Flud.

Their Daughter, my Grandmother:
Harriet Emeline Flud and her Husband is Raymond Ernest Borders.

Family Rumor has it that they where Native American, maybe Choctaw. Do you know anything about this?

Thanks,
Andrea

Andrea (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2004 1:58AM GMT
Edited: 12 Jan 2011 8:35PM GMT
Surnames: Reagan, Flud
Do you know any of the history of Harriet A. Reagan? I'm not quite sure that I am related. I am having trouble with my grandmothers side of the family. My Harriet married Nathaniel Flud. And Harriet and her family where said to be Native American.
Thanks,
Andrea

Posted: 8 Jan 2007 3:18AM GMT
Surnames: Reagan, Roberts, Bradley, Huskey
Hi! Annie Savidge here. Thanks for your answers to my post. I have been without internet access for a very long time, and just now got your messages. I have been able to find out a lot about Laura over the years. She is indeed the sister of Clarinda Reagan, who married John Morgan Bradley. She had an older sister named Harriet Allie, born in January of 1877. Her other siblings were:

(all born in Smokemont, North Carolina, which is now Swain County, but was Jackson County, when the first three were born.)

*George W. March 1866, married Salina M. Huskey

*Clarinda P., Jan 1868, married John Morgan Bradley. Clarinda was already married when the family moved west. She was the only one of the children to stay in Swain County, to my knowledge.

*James Robert , born Jan 1870, died 1871

*Dialpha Jane , born Mar 1872

*Aaron, born Jun 1875, married Mary Ann Barnard in Boone County Arkansas

*Harriet Allie, born Jan 1877

*Luther T., born Jan 1880,

*Laura Bell , 3 April 1882, Died 12 OCT 1960, in Colton, San Bernardino, California. Laura is my great grandmother. She married Alfred Lorenzo Yates in Neosho, Newton, Missouri. They had 3 boys born in Newton, moved to Haskell, Muskogee, Oklahoma, where another son and a daughter were born, then they moved to Colton, CA where their youngest daughter was born. They spent the rest of their lives in Colton.

*Martha Ellen, born mar 1884, died 21 May 1978 in Haskell, Muskogee, Oklahoma. Martha married Headright Moore.

*Julie A. Reagan, October 1885

*John Reagan, April 1888

*Manuel Baxter Reagan, mar 1890. Laura gave us this brother’s name as “Baxter”, however, the 1900 census records him as Manuel B.
On the 1900 census, Harriet reported that she had borne 12 children, 10 of which were still living. I know that James Robert was one of the deceased children. Dialpha Jane and Harriet Allie are the only other children not accounted for on the 1900 census (except Laura, who did not appear with the family on that census), so I am assuming that one of them was the other that died young. George and Aaron are living with their families in Newtonia, just a few miles from Neosho, where the rest of the family was living.

I have quite a bit more information that I am willing to share. I am working on a website on the Reagan family, but am not quite ready to post it yet. I am going through my records, search for typos, etc. before doing so. If you would like to share information, please email me at ancestorhunter55@earthlink.net.

Posted: 8 Jan 2007 3:27AM GMT
I remember hearing when I was just a child that my dad's side of the family were Cherokee Indian. I have names and dates a long way back now, and I can find no proof that any of them were indian. However, I have heard a rumor through other Reagan genealogists that one of the Huskey ancestors was married to an Indian woman. It would be totally feasible seeing that the Eastern bAnd of the Cherokee indians lived right there where the Reagans and Huskeys lived. But again, no proof.

Posted: 8 Jan 2007 4:16AM GMT
Edited: 12 Jan 2011 8:42PM GMT
Surnames: reagan
I remember communicating with you before. My Greatgrandmother is Harriet Allie (or Harriet Alice, aka Alcie). You can find her listed from 1900 and on as Alcie Flud. She married Isaac Nathaniel Flud. Her final resting place is in Shafter, Kern Co., CA. She died on June 9th, 1944.
Alcie and Nathaniel's life are a bit of a mystery to me. My Dad remembers visiting them as a child. They lived in a rustic home, that had animal skins hung outside to dry. Family stories say that they where part Cherokee (They are related to the Huskey's who where denied Cherokee citizenship). Geneaologist Evelyn Flood said shesaw records stating that they where Choctaw. I have not found proof of either. Evelyn stated that Alcie receive land because of her indian heritage.
I have a picture of Alcie. I can't remember if I sent it to you or not.

Posted: 12 Jan 2011 7:03PM GMT
Surnames: Rickman, Gibson, Regan
Do you have any information on Aaron Regan. I have a James Frank (aka Frank) Gibson b.1904, s/o Selma Gibson & Aaron Regan. I have been unable to find any info on Aaron. I found the birth records stating the parents names, but he lived in Will and Tilda Gibson's (his grandparents) house til he was of age. I do not believe they were married, maybe an affair or something of that nature?? I'm guessing...since Selma was 16 at the time and later married a Rickman.

Posted: 12 Jan 2011 7:05PM GMT
Oops forgot to mention that the Gibson's lived in Smokemont. I know there are Reagan's that were listed on the census records on the same page as the Gibson's......but thats all.

Posted: 12 Jan 2011 7:48PM GMT
In the book, Swain County, NC - Delayed Births on page 60 there is a listing for Frank Gibson, b. 6/27/1904 in Smokemont with the father being Aaron Regan, b. 1884 in Smokemont and the mother being Selma Gibson, b. 1891 in Smokemont, NC. With the mother being born in 1891 and the child in 1904 it would appear that she was about 13 years old when she had the child and that would have made her 12 when she got pregnant. The father would have been 18 or 19. In the book, Swain County Marriages 1871 - 1905 there is no marriage listed for them. In the book, Swain County Marriages 1906 - 1916 on page 122 is the entry:

Rickman, Bascombe, 19, son of Jim Rickman (dead), mother dead, to Selma Gibson, 21, daughter of William and T. Gibson, (both living), on May 15, 1909. Performed by T. D. Watson, Baptist Preacher, at William Gibson's, Ocona Lufty. E. J. Parris and W. Gibson wit. I didn't find anything in the death books or cemetery book for Swain County. I hope that this helps.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions