my gggrandparents

my gggrandparents

richard childers (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: childers, brown
the above listed names are my gggrand parents. they were
born in buckingham county .robert childers married
mary polly(molly) brown. they moved to eastern tenn.
in 1839 they moved to south west city, mo. with their
family. i would appreciate any info i could get on them,dates,children,etc.my grand fathers family bible
lists mary brown as being a full blooded cherokee indian.
any info will be greatly appreciated.
respectfully, richard childers

Browns in Buckingham

Sherri Brown Collett (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Brown
Mr. Childress, I am also looking for Browns in Buckingham. I know that myggggrandmother was Nancy Brown who also was full blooded Cherokee Indian I have not found much about her but she may be a sister or something of your Mary Brown. I will let you know if I find something. We are all in this together. Also I am planning a trip to Buckinham in the fall (oct) to look in the courthouse. I'll let you know if we find anything.
Sherri Brown Collett

Re: Browns in Buckingham

Robert Forbes (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 2001 2:33PM GMT
Surnames: Forbes, Brown, Onion
Looking for Brown family members located in the Maysville district of Buckingham Co. My grandmother was Susan/Susannah Brown married to Alfred Forbes. Oral history indicates she was Cherokee, but I haven't been able to confirm this, Also, my dad Robert indicates that most of the Browns in Maysville were of Cherokee descent. He's hoping you have information on the Browns from this area....Love to hear from you.
Connie Forbes

Robert/Connie Forbes (View posts)
Posted: 9 Dec 2001 4:24PM GMT
Edited: 9 Dec 2001 4:40PM GMT
Surnames: Forbes, Brown
Looking for Brown family members located in the Maysville district of Buckingham Co. My grandmother was Susan/Susannah Brown married to Alfred Forbes. Oral history indicates she was Cherokee, but I haven't been able to confirm this, Also, my dad Robert indicates that most of the Browns in Maysville were of Cherokee descent. He's hoping you have information on the Browns from this area....Love to hear from you.
Connie Forbes

Posted: 10 May 2012 3:01AM GMT
Surnames: Forbes, Brown
Quite a bit of time has passed since our last communication, were you successful in your research in Buckingham? We are still looking for any connections. Thank you.

Posted: 11 May 2012 11:47AM GMT
Hi Linda - will send you an email right now!
Morris

Posted: 21 Dec 2012 9:28PM GMT
Hi David is my 3greatgrandfather through my 2great-grandmother HENRIETTA Jones/Edwards who lived in Dinwiddie Va. and passed away in July,1945. Henrietta was the wife of Jesse Edwards died in Dec,1927
Preston Smith
per page

Find a board about a specific topic