Search for content in message boards

Bannister/Ford/Leavens(?)/Simonton

Bannister/Ford/Leavens(?)/Simonton

Posted: 28 Nov 2001 4:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 May 2002 8:15AM GMT
Surnames: Bannister/Ford/Leavens(?)/Simonton
Seeking information on Bannister family and others listed under "subject" heading. Names include John who m. Lydia. Their daughter may have been Rachel OR Lyndia's son may have been Isaac Ford by a previous marriage. The relationship is one or the other per court records at Catahoula Parish, LA.

Re: Bannister/Ford/Leavens(?)/Simonton

Posted: 29 Nov 2001 1:14AM GMT
Elisha Ford, whose records state that he came to Catahoula Parish with John Roe in 1788 from NC. An Elijah Ford (father of Isaac that married Rachel) came to Catahoula Parish some time after 1804 from New Madrid,
Louisiana Territory.
According to my records Elisha Ford married Mary Roe/Rhoe. Their son Isaac married Rachel BANISTER a dau. of John Banister and Lydia.
This is accumulated information and not to be taken as proven.
Vivian Eakes Hull
researching BANISTERs everywhere.
vhull@aol.com

Posted: 29 Nov 2001 1:15AM GMT
Elisha Ford, whose records state that he came to Catahoula Parish with John Roe in 1788 from NC. An Elijah Ford (father of Isaac that married Rachel) came to Catahoula Parish some time after 1804 from New Madrid,
Louisiana Territory.
According to my records Elisha Ford married Mary Roe/Rhoe. Their son Isaac married Rachel BANISTER a dau. of John Banister and Lydia.
This is accumulated information and not to be taken as proven.
Vivian Eakes Hull
researching BANISTERs everywhere.
vhull@aol.com

Posted: 29 Nov 2001 1:43AM GMT
Edited: 20 May 2002 8:15AM GMT
Surnames: Ford/Banister
The proof of marriage relationship between Isaac Ford and Rachel is found at Harrisonburg (Catahoula Parish), LA. In that same document is a reference to Lydia and John Banister with Lydia listed as the grandmother of the children of Isaac and Rachel.

Posted: 4 Mar 2002 6:06PM GMT
Surnames: Banister
I believe Rachel to be the daughter of John and Lydia Ford Bannister/Banister. Rachel's first husband was Samuel Sayre/Sayers. Rachel and Samuel had Mary Ann and she married John A. Roberts. I show 12 children were born to this family. Rachel and Samuel's other child was Celia Jane b. 5-3-1833-LA and she married Augustus Dyess abt. 1850 and they had 12 children.
Rachel's second husband was Isaac Ford and they married about 1816. Their children were John Ford b. abt. 1817-Catahoula Parish, LA married Elizabeth Finley;Elijah b. 1818 , Lydia Jane b. 1819 married Jacob Lanius, and Elizabeth Ford b. 1823 married Christian Riser 12-12-1840-Catahoula Parish, LA.
It seems that there was some problem with Isaac after Rachel died. Lydia got custody of her grandchildren John, Elizabeth, Elijah and Lydia in Harrisonburg, Catahoula Parish, LA on June 24, 1836.
Feel free to email me at pattin9@attbi.com
I clicked post new message instead of reply!

Virginia G. Benoist (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2003 12:52AM GMT
My mother, Norma Ford Gerace, belongs to the Louisiana Colonials based on Elijah father of Isaac and Mary Roe...for what it's worth.

Vivian Hull (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2003 1:06AM GMT
I don't have Isaac Roe.. but can see that he might fit with the ones that I do have.. Can you perhaps elaborate on his line or if your mother has an email address maybe I could contact her.
Thanks for responding
Vivian

Virginia G. Benoist (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2003 1:31AM GMT
Actually, it's Elijah Ford m. Mary Roe and they had a son Isaac Ford.

Vivian Hull (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2003 1:34AM GMT
thanks.. that matches what I have. Vivian

Posted: 19 Dec 2011 3:53PM GMT
Surnames: Banister/Ford/Sayres
Parents
John Banister
1770 – 1820
Lydia
1767 – 1850

2nd Spouse & Children
Samuel Sayre
Mary Ann Sayre 1829 – 1895
Celia Jane Sayre 1833 – 1888

1st Spouse & Children
Isaac Ford 1794 – 1827
Lydia Jane Ford 1819 – 1882
John Ford 1821 – 1863
Elizabeth Ford 1822 – 1873

Rachael and Isaac moved with their family to Arkansas. Isaac died there. Rachael returned to Catahoula.

She eventually married Samuel Sayre. Children from her first marriage were raised by their maternal grandmother, Lydia Banister, when Rachael moved to New Orleans with her second husband.

Rachael's family in Catahoula heard that she and her children were living in poverty in New Orleans. The family tradition is that Samuel Sayre was an alcoholic.

Upon her death, her brother, John Banister, went to New Orleans and received authorization from the court to take her children back home with him to Catahoula where they were raised with the Banister/Ford half-siblings.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions