Search for content in message boards

Josiah Meador

Josiah Meador

Lois Covey (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2001 1:25PM GMT
There was Josiah Meador born in Bedford Co. Va. 1736 died approx 1780 He was the son of Jonas Meador born approx 1700 Josiah had a son Rev. Josiah Meador born approx. 1756 and died in Mercer Co. Va. now W.Va. there is some controversy about his son Thomas Meador Some say he was not his son but a son of his brother Joab who married an Indian woman I am especially interested in this as Thomas was my great grandfather. His son Lewis Meaador born Oct.24 1830 in Summers Co Va. and married a Rachel Cox and on her death married Martha Wood. Their son Frank Meador was my father. I have all the inf. frpm thomas on down and with the exception of the Indian woman back to a John Meador I would love to have that blank filled in Lois Meador Covey
Posted: 22 Jan 2001 5:35PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 8:55PM GMT
Lois, Josiah is my hubbies4th grandfather.
I will list the line that we are in

Linsey Meador My husband
Henry Clay His father
Christopher Columbas Grandfather
William Sr.Great grandfather
Willian Jr. G G grandfather
Josiah G G Grandfather. All of these people were from Bedford and Blueridge Va.

Re: Josiah Meador

Posted: 23 Oct 2001 12:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Nov 2004 12:26PM GMT
Surnames: Meador, Donoho
Hi Lois: It looks like you have quite a bit of information on the Meadors and I'm hoping you can help me. In Sumner Co., TN on March 19, 1818 a Jobe Meador married a Nancy Donoho. The bondsman for this marriage is Arey Meador. A John Meador witnessed the will of Nancy Donoho's father who died in 1820. Would you know the parentage or siblings of any of these Meadors? Also, I have a Jonas Meador in Cumberland Co., VA who is married to a Polly Oakley around 1800. Polly's mother was Elizabeth Donoho. Would you know the relationship of these Meadors to each other?

Posted: 20 Nov 2001 10:12PM GMT
My father was James Bailey Meador Sr.. His father was Walter Awood and I am a descendent of this family. Sumner CO. TN originally encompassed Macon County which is the actual area from which this family originated. There are records in the Sumner Co. Tn courthouse from which I think your information came from. If not you can learn from there. One of my ancestors was also named Bailey Meador who I think was Walter Awood's Father or grandfather. I Know that my father always claimed Indian descent. Walter was reportedly a former attorney who quit after his first case in Sumner County and became a "barnstormer" with his wife traveling around the country. please reply if this info sounds familiar....Also it was told me that it was a family tradition in this line to name firstborn males starting with "J".

Posted: 21 Nov 2001 12:18PM GMT
Edited: 9 Nov 2004 12:26PM GMT
Surnames: Donoho Meador
This is all new information for me. I am really a Donoho/Donahoe/Dunnahoo researcher trying to find the relationships of the Meadors with this family. Thanks so much for your reply. Marilyn

kay carlton (View posts)
Posted: 8 Dec 2001 12:44AM GMT
Do you know the names of Josiah's children? I am looking for an Obediah.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions