Search for content in message boards

Mary Cooper Murphy?

Mary Cooper Murphy?

Posted: 21 Mar 2013 1:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rodden, Cooper, Murphy
My 3rd gr-grandmother was Mary Murphy from Mitchell, WI and she married Michael Patrick Rodden February 2, 1855 at Holy Name Catholic Church in Sheboygan. There seem to be several Mary Murphys from Mitchell, WI and I can't seem to find any info beyond my Mary as far as who her parents were or what part of Ireland she was from. I have seen some research with her name as Mary Cooper Murphy, but no official records. The only thing I have is an obituary for Michael Patrick Rodden showing that he "married a Miss Mary Murphy of Mitchell". HELP!

Re: Mary Cooper Murphy?

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 8:45PM GMT
Today I was able to view the Holy Name church records on microfilm at the Sheboygan FHC. I am not able to read Latin very well but I was able to find the marriage you refer to. As you said they were married Feb 2, 1855. MICHAEL RODDEN, 22, parents: Thomas & Helena, MARIA MURPHY, 18, parents: Jacob & Helena (deceased). Iam attaching an image of the record. I hope this is helpful to your research.
Attachments:

Re: Mary Cooper Murphy?

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 1:04AM GMT
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!! I have been searching for something concrete for a year. I greatly appreciate your help in finding the missing piece to my puzzle :)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions