Search for content in message boards

Carr family in NY & NJ

Carr family in NY & NJ

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 3:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Dec 2006 2:28PM GMT
Surnames: Carr
hello i was seeing if anyone had a relalive in or from nj or ny witht he last name of carr. Coming down from hugh and Margaret Carr of Brooklyn, ny. both of them came and were born in the county of donegal, ireland.
my grandfathers siblings are patrick kate bridget margaret frank or i think francis john and mary.
john and mary are both buried some where in englewood, nj. he also had a cousin cornelius harkinwho passed away i think 2000

my grandmothers siblings are james, john, bridget, and annie.

all of them are buried in ireland some where

Re: Carr family in NY & NJ

Mike Carr (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2006 11:28PM GMT
Surnames: Carr, Cassidy
Somewhere there's got to be a connection. My great-grandfather was Patrick Carr, b.1847 in Ireland. His parents were John Carr and Mary (Cassidy) Carr.
They came to Trenton, NJ around 1872 with children John, my grandfather, Joseph, and Margaret. A fourth child, Ellen, died in Glasgow.
Based on family lore, there was a link between Donegal and Glasgow for the Carrs.
I visited there in September and found that Carr is a common name around Killybegs and Kilcar, Co. Donegal.

Posted: 3 May 2006 2:12PM GMT
OK I DON'T KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THIS PART OF THE CARR FAMILY IN YOUR HISTORY BUT HERE IT GOES.

MY G GRANDFATHER WAS FRANCIS CARR WHO WAS PROBALY BORN SOMEWHERE IN IRELAND HE MARRIED HIS WIFE BRIDGET (McSHANE) CARR

THEY HAD 8 KIDS THIS IS INCLUDES MY GRANDFATHER.

THIER NAMES ARE

PATRICK
KATE
BRIDGET
MARGARET
FRANK/ FRANCIS
JOHN, MARY AND HUGH

HUGH CARR WAS MY GRANDFATHER b. 2/15/1906 IN MUCKROSS, DISTRICT KELLYBEGS, DONEGAL

HIS SISTER ANDS MARY AND NELLIE AND BROTHER JOHN ARE BURIED IN ENGLEWOOD, NJ

I AM SORRY I DON'T KNOW THE CEMETARIES NAME.

IF THIS FITS ANY OF YOUR FAMILY TREE YOU CAN REACH ME AT THIS EMAIL :

STARNAMMINHEE@AOL.COM

Posted: 18 Jul 2006 7:08PM GMT
hi mike it has been awhile of me to respond due to finding background on my side of the carr family. i learned that john carrwas b. abt 1893 in donegal his ex. dob is 12-4-1892 he came over to the us in 1923in lived in egnle wood nj, then moved down to FL. on my grandfather's side patrick, kate, bridget, margaret, john, and helen, never married. francis Mary and hugh where the only ones to marry.see if you have a francis carr married to a bridget nee Mcshane in your family tree or somewhere cause i do believ that it was a tight family.

Posted: 24 Aug 2006 2:21AM GMT
Surnames: Carr, O'Donnell
Hi Allison.

My great grandfather was Patrick Carr, born around 1875 in Kilcar, but emigrated with his wife, Bridget O'Donnell Carr around 1904. Settled in Bayonne and lived 50 more years. It was said his brother lived on Staten Island, not sure of his name. Do you have more information on your Patrick Carr?

Thanks, Tim Carr

Allison (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2006 12:56PM GMT
hmmm sounds ok but i then i do have a problem my patrick i was told lived in ireland and became a police officer in dublin. he did have a son named patrick who followed in his father's footsteps. but the father is buried somewhere in ireland.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions