Search for content in message boards

Who is the wife of Peter Altmeyer?

Who is the wife of Peter Altmeyer?

Posted: 9 May 2013 6:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Altmeyer
He lived from 1847 to 1915 in Sheboygan, Wisconsin.

Peter seems simple enough to know about. But his wife is an anomaly.

She lived from 1856 to 1932. Also in Sheboygan, Wisconsin.

I've come across many names for this woman. They are as follows: 1. Catherine Filomena Altmeyer, 2. Sarah Caroline Pomroy, 3. Caroline Unknown, 4. Caroline Klotz, 5. (Mary) Caroline Klotz. Lots of names, there. I simply cannot figure out which one is her.

Does anyone know ANYTHING about her?

Re: Who is the wife of Peter Altmeyer?

Posted: 31 May 2013 6:38PM GMT
Hi Nobious,
I did find death certificates and obits for Peter and Caroline. It is quite apparent that Peter's wife was indeed CAROLINE KLOTZ (aka MARY). Realize that sometimes people were listed by middle names. According to the obits, they were married at Algoma, Wis. 04 May 1874 or 1875. They had 9 children. Peter was a well known hotel keeper in SHEBOYGAN FALLS. They are buried at St. Mary's Cemetery in Sheboygan Falls. Caroline's mother is also buried there. If you would like me to get copies of the obits please contact me directly at:
marmil74@sbcglobal.net

Posted: 31 May 2013 10:08PM GMT
Thank you so much! I hope to contact you in the next few days.

-Mike

Posted: 14 Jun 2013 12:39PM GMT
Mike,
I may have more info for you on this family. Please contact me. marmil74@sbcglobal.net

Posted: 16 Jun 2013 5:31AM GMT
Did you get my email?

Posted: 17 Jun 2013 4:05PM GMT
No, I have not received your e-mail. If you do not have them already I have obits of Peter & Caroline Altmeyer as well as for Elizabeth Klotz. I may have access to church records from St. Mary's Catholic Church of Sheboygan Falls.

Posted: 17 Jun 2013 4:27PM GMT
Okay, I just sent you a private message via Ancestry.com. Let me know if you get it!

-Mike
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions