Search for content in message boards

Desire Wood, abt. 1856

Desire Wood, abt. 1856

Posted: 20 Jan 2001 2:27PM GMT
Edited: 12 Aug 2001 1:15AM GMT
I have purchased a Religious Album, for $38, which belonged to a woman named Desire Wood, from Maine. It is a leather-bound book made with blank pages and some lithographs, and many pages have hand-written passages written (by what seems to be from family and friends) to her. Many of these hand-written notes to her are poems and such, each carefully dated, and include a city name, as if each person who wrote the passage wanted her to know the origin of the person submitting the passage.
I purchased this little book in a small town in south Georgia, but its origin is clearly in or around Maine.
The notes in it, written to Desire Wood, are dated between 1852-1856. Some of the towns noted by some of the inscribers are Lowell, Farmington, N. Chelmsford, Pepperell, Hillsboro, NH, S Framingham, Strong, Fitchburg.
If you know of a descendent of Desire Wood, please contact me. I would like to reunite this book with a direct descendent.
Frankie Palisi, fpalisi@yahoo.com

Re: Desire Wood, abt. 1856

Posted: 25 Jun 2002 12:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Feb 2004 5:08PM GMT
Surnames: Grinnell,McLeod/MacLeod, Wood, Redman, Crooks, Hart
Howdy Frank Palisi
I may be related to this Desire Wood that was the owner of this Religious Album.
I need alittle more info about Desire from this book to make a final connection.
Please reply to this Post-Em.
Hold Fast
Grinnell MacLeod Wood II

Re: Desire Wood, abt. 1856

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 1:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Grinnel,
I still have the Desire Wood Religious Album. I ran across this post again this morning, and it refreshed my memory that you might have a connection to Desire Wood(s), the original owner of this book.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions