Search for content in message boards

DOUGLASS, MOORHEAD

DOUGLASS, MOORHEAD

Posted: 1 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Oct 2001 3:44AM GMT
Surnames: DOUGLASS, MOORHEAD, MERRYMAN

All came to America in the early to mid 1700's.

MERRYMAN to Maryland

MOORHEAD TO Harrisburg/Chambersburg area.

DOUGLASS to the Scotch-Irish Colony on the Pa/Md border, near what is now Rising Sun Md. Later migrate down the Cumberland/Shenandoah Valleys to SW Virginia and on to TN.

Re: DOUGLASS, MOORHEAD

gladys morehead day (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2001 12:29AM GMT
Author: Gladys Morehead Day Date: 2 Nov 2001 12:06 AM GMT
Surnames: Moorhead/Morehead/Muirhead
Am also searching Moorhead/Morehead/Muirhead. My family came to America from Belfast around 1740, that being John b abt.1712 Ulster, d.1775 Chester Co, PA(will proved.) John appears on 1751 tax role for Antrim Twps, Franklin Co, PA Other Moreheads in same area on different tax rolls, check out Cumberland Co, Franklin Co, Westmoreland Co.
Think my John born Ireland c 1712. If this is so, his father was John Moorhead b abt 1682 Ulster. His children were Robert, born in Clyde Valley Scotland,
Samuel born 1708 County Antrim (d. Feb 1787 Hamilton Twsp, Franklin Co, PA. married to Euphemia Fergus 1730 Belfast, she being born 1710 in Belfast, probably sister to Johns wife Barbara Fergus b Belfast.)
William b 1704 in County Down, Ulster.
Samuel, William, Robert and John received land warrants in Lancaster and York Counties, PA 1738-1748.
This information NOT documented but gleaned from several researcher sources, am trying to piece and document myself. Hope this helps. If info proves good, and you should find documentation especially Ireland data, would appreciate copies. Family lore on my end says family originally Muirhead, Scottish.
Thanks. Gladys

Posted: 25 Jan 2002 1:29AM GMT
Edited: 7 Mar 2005 10:01PM GMT
Surnames: Schnell, Snell,Benefield Kauffman, Keck,Robinson Moorhead
Jan 24,2002

Hi Gladys:

Maybe we can exchange data.I have a John Moorhead born
1712 in Belfast, County Antrim,Ulster,Ireland.died bef 2 Oct 1775.married 1st to Catherine. His 2nd wife was Barbara Fergus b.1716 Ireland.Heand Barbara had 7 children. .
His father was John Moorhead b. 1682 Ulster Ireland 6 in Ireland. They had 5 children.John Moorhead b (1682) his father was Thomas Moorhead b. 1668 in Ulster Ireland.

Hope this helps and hope we can help each other.Please contact me.

Thank You

R.Snell

gladys morehead day (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2002 2:25AM GMT
Surnames: Morehead/Moorhead/Morehed/Moorehead/Donnell/Rainey
Sounds like same...my John born in 1712 married Barbara Fergus. His will is published in Pennsylvania Chester County Wills and shows his wife at his death as Catherine. Other family researchers say John (1712) was originally married to a Jane. Some say he was originally married to a Sarah. I think they have their John's confused. I did however, run across a blip in a Craig of Lancaster Co Pa a John Morehead marrying Sarah Craig 1759. Sent out inquires but got no response. Gets very confusing as I have names of John and Barbara children, as listed on the will....am presently in a hiatus on genealogy trail but will get back into it full time this summer. Really appreciate your help and hope you keep me updated on your finds. I have stuff on John d.1850. John (1712) and John (1738) on Pennsylvania tax records 1750...thanks again. Gladys

Posted: 25 Jan 2002 6:09PM GMT
Edited: 7 Mar 2005 10:01PM GMT
Jan 25, 2002

Please keep in touch if you have copies, would appreciate having them;
regards
Rozena

gladys (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2002 5:52PM GMT
Will do............Gladys

Posted: 7 Feb 2004 5:02PM GMT
Dear Allen:

Looking for information on James B. Douglass. Baltimore as of 1836 or before. Occupation Oak Cooper. Several Douglasses before him in Baltimore including Peter Douglass also cooper, and William Douglass, oak cooper. William's birthplace listed as Delaware. James B. was married to Sarah T. Scarff (scharf). Anything in your records? Thank you. Mary

Posted: 9 Apr 2004 4:03AM GMT
Surnames: Moorhead/Fergus
I am a direct descendant of John Moorhead born circa 1680 in County Antrim, Ireland(wife unknown)- Samuel Moorhead born circa 1708 County Antrim, Ireland, married Euphemia Fergus who was born circa 1710 in County Antrim, Ireland where they married circa 1730, both are buried in Pennsylvania. From their daughter Martha Moorhead who married Thomas Espey. I am trying to find out the name of John Moorhead's wife and the parents of Euphemia Fergus. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 21 Sep 2008 11:03AM GMT
Surnames: Re Douglasss, Moorhead Rainey.
Again, Old but I must of been Sleeping, for I missed alot these Moorehead/Moorhead/Morehead and Muirhead Query's.

Any I have a Isbele RAINEY, marr John MOORHEAD 1815 in Ohio both died in Hancock Co, Ohio (I have (1) Son Samuel b.Dec 25, 1830, D. Nov 26, 1905 was married (2) times, Not much info but (1) son Samuel Marsh b. Jun 25, 1872, Black Hawk, Iowa, info obtained from Ben, as said before, He knew this Family Very Well.

The Sarge
""Honor and Courage""

Posted: 28 Jan 2011 8:30AM GMT
Surnames: moorehead
hi i'am stacey moorehead my family is from maryland john william born 1867 in ohio is my great grandfather his was francis simpson moorehead i'am trying to find information on the moorhehead family also.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic