Search for content in message boards

Opatrny research

Opatrny from Chicago

Carolyn Carter (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, I have some information on the Opatrny's from the Chicago area and Fox River Grove, IL. What information do you have? Let me know if you want more info. Carolyn

Opatrny research

Linda Herot (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Opatrny, Herot
researching ancestors of Emily Opatrny of Cleveland Ohio

Opatrny research

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Sorry Carolyn, I have no information about Opatrny's in Chicago. I am looking for the parents of Emily Opatrny of Cleveland Ohio. Thanks for your response.

Emily Opatrny

Lori Opatrny Roberts (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Opatrny
My grandfather, Joseph Opatrny of Cleveland, OH had a sister Emily. Is this who you are looking for?

Re: Opatrny research

Posted: 12 Nov 2001 9:17PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jan 2004 8:50PM GMT
Just found your inquiry about Emily Opatrny Herot. She was my father's sister. His name was Frank John Opatrny. Their parent's names were Anna Tengler Opatrny and Frank Opatrny. Lived in Cleveland after marrying in Mt. Pleasant, Pennsylvania. I am just getting started so don't know if this is any help to you. Virginia Opatrny Meece

Posted: 15 Nov 2001 8:53PM GMT
Surnames: Herot or Opatrny
Just saw your message. My father, Frank John Opatrny had a sister named, Emily Opatrny Herot. They were children of Anna Tengler O and Frank Opatrny. Lived in Cleveland, Ohio. Married in Mt.Pleasant, Pa. 1-11-92. Hope this helps. I'm just getting started.

Joe Zima (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2003 7:33PM GMT
Hi,

I have Opatrny ancestors who lived in villages just south of Komarov which is about 30 miles southwest of Prague. I know of Opatrny kin who still live in the village of Jivina which is just a short distance south of Komarov. Do you know where in Bohemia your Opatrny ancestors lived?

Joe Zima

Posted: 20 Oct 2003 11:23AM GMT
Hi Had almost forgotten about trying to reach out for a contact. My info shows birthplace as Strasice Zbirovh for paternal grandfather and Rokycany (Pilsen) for paternal grandmother. Is this a help? Do not know geography of this region well enough to know if there is a link. Virginia

Joe Zima (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 2003 6:11PM GMT
Hi Virginia,

Yes, I am sure we have a link. My Opatrny ancestors lived in the village of Komarov and Jivina. Some still live in Jivina. Jivina is about 5 miles north of Strasice. Many of my ancestors (and connected family) came to Chicago through the years. I am just now discovering other connected "kin" who came from many villages in the area of Strascice and settled in Chicago. I am also trying to find a family connection with Frantisek Opatrny who founded the village of Fox River Grove here in the Chicago area before 1900. Maybe we can exhange more family info?

Joe Zima
Tinley Park (Chicago suburb) Illinois

Posted: 20 Oct 2003 11:47PM GMT
Hi! Was interested in your response. Maybe there is a link. My grandparents settled in the Cleveland, Oh area due to the fact that they had been foundry molders. There was some travel to Pennsylvania since that is where my grandparents were married. In Mt. Pleasant, Pa.
My maternal grandparents were also from that area with family names of Foukal and Weiner. Have not had any luck tracking any info on them and wonder if the spelling has been changed along the way. They also settled in Cleveland.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions