Search for content in message boards

Verdurmen

Verdurmen

Posted: 19 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 3:10AM GMT
Surnames: Verdurmen, Van Watteghem, Van Laere
Looking for info on Nathalie Verdurmen born 1 Apr 1824 in Overslag and married to Pieter Van Watteghem born 21 Feb 1817 in Wachtebeke, Belgium. Their son Bernardus Franciscus was born 30 Aug 1881 in Moerbeke-Waas, Belgium and married to Clementine Van Laere born 23 Mar 1857 in Zuidorpe, Zeeland. They were maried in Zuidorpe, Zeeland 21 Jul 1881 in Zuidorpe, Zeeland. Bernardus died in Zuidorpe, Zeeland 30 Jan 1942. I am looking for info on Nathalie and her parents and any info as well as info on Pieter, his ancestors and on Clementine and ancestors.

Genealogy

Jaap van Kruijssen (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Verdurmen, van Laere
Greetings Dave,

I am Jaap (Jim) van Kruijssen and have published a book on the Genealogy of six van Kruijssen families (and various spelling variations).

In my book I have a Alphonsus Johannes Verdurmen, born te Boschkapelle rond 1876 and he married a Paulina van Kruijssen in Boschkapelle on 4 may 1900. His parents were Johannes Verdurmen and Maria Paulina de Poorter.

Alphonsus and Paulina had four children, 2 male and 2 female

Also in the same family tree I have a Johannes van Laar, born about 1840. He married a Paulina Judoca van Kruijssen on 30 September 1871. His parents were Jacobus van Laar and Johanna Coolsen.

If any of this information is of any use to you and if you have any information that you feel may be of use to me. Please contact me and I shall forward the requested information.

Re: Genealogy

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 11:04PM GMT
Surnames: Verdurmen, Taalman, Young
I looking for information on Josephus Verdurmen born 1824 Boschkapelle,Netherlands and Cornelia Taalman Verdurmen (born 1826)his wife. They were married in Boschkapelle, netherlands in 1852. They arrived in New York in 1881 along with their son Desire (sp) birth 1858. A 1920 census shows Desire married to Minnie (birth 1861) who is listed as arriving from the Netherlands in 1881 also. I don't know Minnie's maiden name. My grandmother Margaret Verdumen (1892-1980) was their daughter. She married John Thomas Young Jr. Please contact me with any information.

Re: Genealogy

Posted: 17 Jul 2008 9:48AM GMT
Minnies maiden name is probably de Jonge.
She's born as Jacomina de Jonge 11.18.1860 Heinkenszand
daughter of Jan de Jonge and Jacoba Pover.

Take a look at: http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html?...

Type verdurmen in the surname box and at one of the births of the children she pops up.

Because Jacomina is a typical name from Zeeland en Desire is from Heinkenszand I searched;

http://borsele.rvc.nl/burgerlijkestand/geboorte/search.asp

Type;
achternaam kind: Jonge
voornaam kind: Jacomina

There are 4 Jacomina's who are a possibility.

In http://www.zeeuwengezocht.nl/

Jacomina de Jonge born 11.18.1860 is the only one
that has disappaered and probably moved to the US to
become one of your ancestors.

Have a good one,

Rian in the Netherlands
Posted: 11 Aug 2012 8:25PM GMT
Hallo Jim
I am your niece in Canada.
A few years back I bought your book about the van kruijssens.
Would you have another one I could buy for my daughter
Bedankt tineke

tineke@shaw.ca
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions