Search for content in message boards

My Felder Family

My Felder Family

Posted: 14 Mar 2009 9:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Felder
I am searching for my Felder Ancestors and family too. I now that my Great Grandfather's name was Emmanuel Felder and he was Orangeburg, SC. He had son's named Emmanuel Felder Jr, Nathaniel Felder, Eugene Felder, and a daughter named Emma Dell. I believe My Great Great Grandmother's name was Hattie but I am not sure. Ancestry.com came up with that connection. My grandfather Nathaniel moved from Orangeburg, SC to Asheville, NC. I have heard of possible family connections in GA, New York, and possibly Louisiana. Does anyone have any information that could help me. Do any of the family names above ring a bell to anyone? If so you can reply to me here or email me at mschris78@yahoo.com.

Re: My Felder Family

Posted: 6 Jan 2010 6:15AM GMT
Well I'm a Felder from NY. My Felder name comes from Germany but I'm Black. That name came via slavery from the Felder Plantation in Wedgefield SC. My Grandmothers Maiden name was Elizabeth Felder (Aunt Lizzy). She had 3 sons Richard Felder, Jack Felder and her 2nd son passed away in his child hood. Her Father's name was Richard Felder and her Mother's name was Rose. She had many brothers and sisters-Abraham, Israel and many others. Richard Felder was born in the 1860s into slavery. His Father's name was John Felder. U can also look up my Dad's 1st Cousin Charles Thompson on Ancestry. He's like the family historian, use him as a resource. Peace. I hope this helps

P.S. There are also Felders in Ga,FL, MS, NC, and VA

Posted: 3 Sep 2010 7:26PM GMT
I Am looking for relatives of Robert(born @1890) & Ella Jane Felder(born @ 1898) Lived in Calvary, Clanedon County South Carolina, had 3 children. migrated to Lunenburg County, Virginia.

Posted: 1 Mar 2011 9:40PM GMT
Surnames: Felder
Hi Nova!

I'm your cousin Joi (in MD). I am actually searching our possible Felder roots around Aiken, SC. I've found that there are lots of Felders in SC, I don't know if all of the Black Felders share our DNA but I wouldn't be surprised b/c of the claim that Aunt Lizzie's father had 19 children. I am impressed with your knowledge of the Felder history, no doubt from your Dad. Soon I will be calling him, Richard, and Charles to fill in the blanks. Love you...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions