Search for content in message boards

Fortune & Henderson, NC

Fortune & Henderson, NC

Posted: 3 Feb 2004 1:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Jan 2005 5:57AM GMT
Surnames: Henderson, Fortune, Whitaker
looking for information on my uncle, he was warren henderson , was adopted to bill fortune and cora whitaker fortune. he was married to a woman named elizabeth, they are were from the asheville area in north carolina, any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Re: Fortune & Henderson, NC

Posted: 3 Feb 2004 3:28PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jan 2005 2:29PM GMT
Surnames: Fortune, Henderson, Fitzhenry
Hi Mary,
I have Henderson's Fortune's and Fitzhenry's in my family tree. And I'm curious about your Warren Henderson. I have no Warren Henderson but I'm wondering if he's connected? Your Fortune's are in North Carolina? Are they related to the Fortune family having Major William Fortune of Canada ? William's father was from Newry County Down Ireland possibly married to an Ann? The Fortune's resided in the Carolina areas for many many years. The Henderson's, Fortune's and Fitzhenry's married frequenttly and had many ties together.

Posted: 3 Feb 2004 10:50PM GMT
Edited: 6 Feb 2004 1:19AM GMT
Surnames: FORTUNE, WILLIAMS, GRIGG, OATES, WILLIAMS, RUTHERFORD, MELTON, HENDERSON, WILLIAMSON, EUBANK, FLETCHER
Below is some info on my Fortune's.

Mine goes from my mother backwards:
Margie lee Fortune Oates, Robert Oates
My grandparents:
Raleigh Washington Fortune, Minnie Ethel Grigg
they were in Rutherford and Cleveland Counties NC
My greatgrandparents
D B Doc Fortune, Serena Catherine Williams, Rutherford County, NC
my 2xgreatgrandparents:
Pleasant Fortune Jr, Martha Elizabeth Suttle Rutherford County, NC
my 3xgreatgrandparents
I descend thru Polly and Pleasant Fortune in Va
my 4xgreatgrandparents
Pleasant Fortune Sr, Polly Fortune, Elizabeth Melton, In VA
Polly Fortune's parents were
Williamson Fortune and Sarah Henderson from Va
Pleasant Fortune Sr parents were:
my 5xgreatgrandparents
William Fortune and Sarah Eubank
my 6xgreatgrandparentswere:
John Fletcher Fortune, Lucy Williamson
then my 7xgreatgrandparents were:
Thomas Fortune and Lucy Fletcher
then John Fortune from Wales?

Would this set of Henderson's above be related to yours?

Thanks,

Melanie Malone

Posted: 4 Feb 2004 10:36PM GMT
dont think so, all my family was from north carolina, up in the asheville area, what i was looking for, is my grandfather was a henderson and married a whitaker, they have several children and she died at a early age, and he let most of the smaller kids be adopted out, my uncle warren was adopted by his aunt and uncle, i remember him when i was little, but i was trying to find out when he died. nothin shows up , on death index, dont know if he was legally adopted or what. thanks so much

Posted: 5 Feb 2004 5:41AM GMT
Edited: 6 Feb 2004 1:19AM GMT
Mary Jo,
My Fortune's came from Va to Rutherford County, NC, which was the area around Forest City, NC.

I just sent because of the Henderson and Fortune connection in Va before they came to NC.
Melanie

Posted: 6 Feb 2004 1:18AM GMT
thanks so much, i may have some information for some henderson's that u may want, will get back to u later, grandson is in the hospital and i dont really have a lot of time right now, thanks again so much

Re: Fortune /Payne NC

Posted: 22 Mar 2004 3:04PM GMT
Edited: 23 Mar 2004 9:46PM GMT
Surnames: Grigg, Payne, Carver, FORTUNE, PADGETT
Around Black Mountain (Montreat) North Carolina , some of her children were
Lousie Fortune-Padgett
Millred Fortune
Howard Fortune
Junior Fortune
Claxton Fortune
John Fortune
James Fortune

Annie was the sister to my GG grandmother Emma L.Payne -Carver .

On my dads side , I'm a Grigg ,I have your Minnie Ethel and Ralegh W. Fortune in my lines , all come from William Grigg . What I'm looking for ,is Annie C. Payne on my mothers side , she was the sister to my great grandmother Emma L. Payne , she married a Fortune and had children , Would you have any Payne family in your lines . .
Thanks

Linda Faye Grigg-Turcato
bratskats@aol.com

Posted: 23 Mar 2004 2:43AM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2005 4:34AM GMT
Surnames: FORTUNE, WILLIAMS, PAYNE
Hi Linda,
I had to go back thru the queries to see what I asked. But I see I had just ansWered another one.
So glad to hear from another cuz.
I am just back on computer after being off for over a month due to health. So give me a few days to see if I have anything on the Annie C Payne's who married a Fortune.
I don't remember seeing any but I don't remember so good any more.
I am looking for parents of my greatgrandmother Serena Catherine Williams who married my greatgrandfather
D B Doc Fortune who married her either in NC or Texas after he had broke out of jail in Rutherford County NC and fled to Texas. I have the story about this if you want to know more.. I have been sent info that her parents were from Tn but no luck in finding them yet in Tn or if they went to Tx and took their kids or if just Serena Catherine ( Cate) went to Tx with D B Doc Fortune when he escaped jail in NC.
If you want send email to my email addy.
Whitewolfe0510@aol.com
Thanks so much for writing.
Melanie
In Alabama

Posted: 23 Mar 2004 10:52PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jun 2005 1:59PM GMT
Yes , keep in touch and if you find anything let me know . Linda Faye Grigg-Turcato

Posted: 23 Mar 2004 10:55PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jun 2005 1:59PM GMT
Yes I would like to hear more about the jail break , Linda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic