Search for content in message boards

Francis Marion's brothers and sisters--where did they go?

Francis Marion's brothers and sisters--where did they go?

Joe Huck (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2002 9:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Anyone have any info on Francis Marions brothers and sisters as to where they--or their descendents--moved to and lived? Curious as to any connections to Penn or Ohio. Thanks.

Re: Francis Marion's brothers and sisters--where did they go?

Cathy Eisenhauer (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2002 4:39AM GMT
Classification: Death
Are you refering to the Francis Marion that had a twin brother named John Minor Chappell ?? If so then e-mail me and I can give you a bit of information. Are you related ??

Cathy(Cradic)Eisenhauer

leon (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2002 4:59AM GMT
Duh,I wonder if he means THE Francis Marion they called The Swamp Fox?

Posted: 26 Mar 2002 11:37AM GMT
I assume you are refering to the Swamp Fox. According to family tradition, Elizabeth Marion was a niece of Francis Marion and married Samuel Merritt in New York or New Jersey. I have never been able to verify this. I have read that many Marion records were burned in a court house fire in SC.According to a copy of an old letter she was in the New York-New Jersey area during the Rev. War. Her daughter married William Knapp and moved to Ohio.

Regards, Mike Miller

shan pals (View posts)
Posted: 30 May 2002 6:51PM GMT
I have some information on him. I have family connection to him, and would love more. I do konw that he married Mary Videau. I do know he is the last in line of 6. (5 sons and 1 daughter) He and Mary did not have any children so they adopted a child of a relative to carry on the name of Francis Marion. This son married and only had daughters and no sons. I have a bit more, and if you are interested, please let me know. You can communicate via email to me at shanp@skymidwest.com
Thank you!

Posted: 17 Apr 2003 5:13PM GMT
Surnames: Marion
Francis Marion 'Swamp Fox' had a half brother, Bartholemew Marion that moved to Surry Co., NC
per page

Find a board about a specific topic