Search for content in message boards

Martin family, Grates Cove

Martin family, Grates Cove

Lester Green (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2002 10:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Martin, Drodge and Strong
Hi,

Seeking information on a John Martin(b. 1815?) who married a Mary Drodge on March 7, 1866. Both were from Grates Cove and moved to Clay Pitts(near Little Heart's Ease, T.B.) They had three children Samuel married Mary Strong, Eli married Agnes Goobie, and Sarah married Solomon Drodge. John Martin's father maybe James???

Thanks,
Lester

Re: Martin family, Grates Cove

Andrea Peddle (Drodge) (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 2002 2:47AM GMT
Surnames: Drodge
Hi Lester,
I just read your message, Are you sure that this info is correct?? I am a direct descendant of Solomen and Sarah but I have her birthdate as 1841. However you said that her parents were John Martin and Mary Drodge and that they married in 1866. Was Sarah born prior to that marriage?
I'd appreciate any info you have about this family link.
Thank You.

jmaxwell1 (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 2002 8:47PM GMT
Surnames: Martin,Fagner,Bursey,Steele,Garland
Hello Andrea and Lester,

I am also researching the Martin's of Grates Cove and elsewhere in Nfld.
My grandmother was Susanna Martin b.abt 1863 in Grates Cove, daughter of James Martin and Virtue Janes.
I have many Martin files I can share with you and maybe clear up a few mistakes and fill in some blanks.
I'm trying to find out the exact birthdate of Susanna so I can send for a copy of her birth certificate.
I have Sarah Martin married to a ? Benson but from what both of you have that may be wrong.
Hope to hear from you.
Thank you, John
jmaxwell@bellsouth.net

Andrea Peddle (Drodge) (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2002 3:07AM GMT
Thanks for the reply!!! I'd appreciate any information which you think would be helpful in my search.As for the Sarah that married a Benson, I too stumbled across that info. Unfortunately it appears to be another Sarah. Please feel free to forward info to me and to ask any questions to which you think I could help you.
Andrea

Posted: 1 Nov 2002 11:07PM GMT
Hi John,

Glad to hear from you. I am interested in E-mailing you concerning the Martin's of Grates Cove. I am particularly interested in John Martin who moved to Little Heart's Ease.

We believe his father was James Martin and according to one source, James was married to a Sarah Cooper.

Please E-mail me as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Lester

Posted: 1 Nov 2002 11:13PM GMT
Hi Andrea,

Glad to hear from you. I attempted to E-mail you this morning. I don't know if you received my message. Again, please understand I posted the message to get a discussion going on the Martin's. Since that time, I have received information about John Martin and his father James Martin. Please contact me at my E-mail address, if you wish to exchange information.

Lester Green

Posted: 5 Nov 2002 10:25PM GMT
Hello Lester,

Did you receive the Martin files I sent to your email address?
If not I'll try again.
Regards, John

Posted: 6 Nov 2002 12:57AM GMT
Hi John,

No, I did not receive the files. Could you please try again.
I will examine the files a respond to you as quickly as possible with the information that I have on the Martin's.

All the best,

Lester Green

Posted: 6 Nov 2002 2:16AM GMT
Lester,

I just sent the file again. Let me know if you get it this time.
If not reply to me at jmaxwell@bellsouth.net
Regards, John

stephen martin (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2003 3:38PM GMT
Hello saw your e mail on the web re:martin family in grates cove, my father was joseph martin born 1926 to thomas martin with relations to the quinlan family and duggan and duggan families of that ares i've been trying to research but i'm having a hard time beginning my father married cecelia english from job's cove...
stephen martin
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions