Search for content in message boards

Vascocu Genealogy Research

Vascocu Genealogy Research

Posted: 27 Feb 2003 12:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Vascocu, Toups, Pereau, Sorelle, Jones, Woodard, Grantham, Caston, Jackson, Shroud, Grappe, Ries, Ocana
The link below is to a web page in which I compiled information on the Vascocu surname. I'm still trying to link my Marie Louise Vascocu to this information. Marie Louise Vascocu was born 17 Jan 1853; married Leon Roy; and died 12 Jan 1890 and is buried in Old River Hill Cemetery, near Natches, Natchitoches Parish, La. Here is the link:

http://users.kricket.net/rajincajun/Vascocu.htm

Let me know if this is of any help to anyone.

Re: Vascocu Genealogy Research

Dorothy Dickson LeBaron (View posts)
Posted: 8 Oct 2006 8:15PM GMT
I went to the website listed and it was not found anywhere. Do you still have the material on the Vascocu's? My grandmother was Lizzie Vascocu Bamburg. I would dearly love to have the information you have. Thanks. Dorothy

Re: Vascocu Genealogy Research - Busted link

Posted: 15 Oct 2007 9:26PM GMT
Surnames: Carrington, Stephens, Vascocu
I'd love to access the information on your web site but the link appears to be busted. If you have it stored somewhere else I'd really appreciate a new link...or any information you might have. I have a Joseph A Vascocu (Vascoucou) born 1799 and married Mary Melanie in 1828 or 1829.

Going back further would be wonderful!

Thank you,

Mike Carrington

Posted: 15 Oct 2007 10:07PM GMT
Surnames: carrington, Stephens, Vascoucou (Vascocu?)
Ms Dicks,

I, too, am looking (desperately) for information on the Vascocu line. Did you find any other references? I've emailed the author of this thread and the email bounced.

If you have other leads I'd sure appreciate them. Vascocu's are my ancestors.

Mike Carrington

Posted: 16 Aug 2012 9:11PM GMT
I have marriage banns posted 27 Jan 1841 for Marie Aimee Vascocu with my great uncle Frederic Montier. Her parents in the church register are Jeann Baptiste, Andres Vascocu and Maria Faustino Chirino. In the 1850 Natchitoches census they are listed as Frederic and Emma Montier. Could those be two different names for the same woman?
I would love to exchange information. Lea Montier Hall, Seadrift, TX. petenlea@tisd.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic