Search for content in message boards

Louisiana Starks

Louisiana Starks

Edward A. Starks (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2001 7:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Starks
I am a St. Tammany Parish, LA Starks. My folks may have come from Mississippi. My dad, Herbert Gordon, married Elsie May Matherne. His dad, Henry, married Lydia Crawford. His dad, Robert, married Martha Ella Crawford in 1877. His father, Rodmen, married Martha Webster May 15, 1853. Robert was born abt. 1860 and Rodmen about 1830. That's where I stop on the Starks side. I don't know where they came from. There was a Peter Starks in St. Tammany Parish at that time, but I'm not sure that was Rodmen's father. If you have any info that would help me, I'd sure appreciate it.

Re: Louisiana Starks

Posted: 29 May 2002 5:55PM GMT
I am a descendant of the Louisiana Starks, also. My grandfather was Christian Starks of the ( ole Grant, Winn, Rapides Parish). Do you know a Emma Starks? I have a picture of her and she sent it Love to my dad . Would love to hear from you. lou41286@bellsouth.net. Lou

Posted: 25 Aug 2011 3:21PM GMT
Looking for a Mary Starks married a William Lounsberry June 15, 1850 Natchitoches at the domicile of Conrad Starks. Any info will be appreciated!

Posted: 25 Feb 2012 2:43AM GMT
Hello I am looking for any information about a Viola Starks from Louisiana. This is my grandmother and she died five days before my dad turned four. She was married to Marcus Starks and they had four girls Johnny Mae, Lula Mae, Hezzie May, Peggy Mae and three boys, Issac, Bennie James (BJ or Bug) and Lee who is my dad I am the last Starks in this family line as far as I know. No one has any information or a picture of Viola. If anyone has any knowledge that can help me I would really appreciate it. Oh Yeah Marcus father was Napolian Starks and his parents were Simon and Emily. Thank you all in advance. Vince Starks

Posted: 25 Feb 2012 3:15PM GMT
The Conrad Starks that I was looking for came in to New Orleans in Feb 1820. I don't think this is your line. I know I have seen another tree on ancestory that has a Napoleon line. Try looking through the public trees for Napoleon Starks. Jennifer

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 5:26AM GMT
Thank You
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions