Search for content in message boards

Logans in Whitegate/Mountshannon area

Logans in Whitegate/Mountshannon area

Dan Logan (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2001 10:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Logan, Brown, Horan, Cunningham
My ggrandfather was George Logan of Whitegate, His Children, Margaret, John, George, Bridget, Daniel, and Mary were born between 1866 and 1876 all baptised in the RCC at Whitegate, my grandfather Daniel in 1874. He emigrated to NYC in 1897 was married to Whitegate native Mary Ellen Horan in Dec 1901 and moved to Indianapolis, IN, USA probably in 1902 and the first of nine children was born in 1903 and where most all of his descendants still live.

I am looking for Logan's or Horans who may be relatives. My aunt, Mary Ellen (Logan) Kress made a visit to Ireland in 1966 with her husband Paul and her brother, my uncle Art. They did not seem to find anyone in the Whitegate area but took pictures of Horan cousins and families in Cork and Tipperary.

I would be interested in corresponding with them and others who may be relatives in Cork, Tipperary and Broadford. A town of Caherciveen (spelling) is involved and the names were Sullivan and Logan (cousins to my aunt) and Margaret Brown of Broadford married my paternal grandfather Logan.

Re: Logans in Whitegate/Mountshannon area

Posted: 8 Jun 2002 6:10PM GMT
Edited: 22 Feb 2003 3:18PM GMT
Surnames: Logan, O'Keeffe, Riordan
Dan, I will list my Logan ancestors from Cork city to see if you can make any connections. My G.G.Grandparents were James and Ellen Logan (probably nee Riordan but not proven)
Some of their family were named Jane, Lily, George Newman, and Daniel, and Robert Emmet Logan. My G.Grandfather was George Newman Logan he married Ellen O'Keeffe and his children born between 1880 and 1902 were Daniel, Robert, Edward, George, Mabel, Roland, Alice, Lily, Rose, MaryJane, and Walter, this family lived in Cork City, there were at least four other children in this family. whose names I do not know. please respond if you make a connection. Thank you, Gloria Binions.

Posted: 7 Feb 2010 2:59PM GMT
Surnames: Logan
Although the Logan family descendants are no longer in Whitegate, the names appear on local records. The names of these that attended the local school are listed in the History of Lakyle National School. Queries may be sent by using the message form on my website: www.clonrush.eu
Regards
Alfie

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 9:17AM GMT
Hi Gloria,
George also had a daughter Ellen from a second marriage. But I didn't know he had a son called george. Do you have any other info on him?
Richard.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic