Search for content in message boards

Aaron Taylor probate

Aaron Taylor probate

Posted: 14 Oct 2009 4:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
I found a note to myself that Aaron Taylor died intestate. His letters of administration began on Nov. 13, 1819 in Ontario county. My problem is that years and years ago I was copying down this information I got from the LDS family history center and now I can't find the film I had found this information on. I have since ordered probate index films and there is no Aaron Taylor probate listed. Can anyone give me an idea of where I could find his probate?
Thank you

Re: Aaron Taylor probate

Posted: 29 Nov 2009 8:00PM GMT
Surnames: Taylor, Ashley
Re Aaron Taylor
Is this the Aaron Taylor b.21 may 1740 son of Joseph Taylor and Joanna Ashley, you are looking for? If so I am very interested in him as well.
Bev

Posted: 8 Jun 2010 3:54PM GMT
Bev,
I'm sorry I didn't get back to you. I don't believe I received a message saying I had a reply. Yes I think this is the same Aaron Taylor but not sure.
I have that he died intestate and there were letters of administration granted Nov. 13, 1819. This was a note I wrote to myself and it was early days in my research so I didn't write down where I found the information. I think it was probably found in some family history film but can't find it now. At that time I was trying to find my Moses Taylor whom I now believe was a son or nephew of Aaron.

Have you found any info on him?

Linda

Posted: 16 Jun 2010 4:40PM GMT
Surnames: Taylor , Kellogg
Hi Linda,
Great to hear from you.I am trying to prove Aaron Taylor as father of Polly Taylor (1772-1830) who married Josiah Jones Kellogg(1768-1833). Here is what I have: Aaron Taylor was a patriot in the American Revolution (see MA Soldiers and Sailors in the War of the Rev). He is also listed as such with the DAR. If this is the same AT, he fought in the same regiments as his future father-in law, Timothy Kellogg, and brother-in-law. There is an Aaron Taylor in the 1790 Census for Palatine NY which is near Warrensbush NY where Polly was married. There is an 1800 Census for an AT in Bloomfield NY where she was supposedly born. There is a mention of an AT in a town history of East Bloomfield. There are just so many close ties here that I think this has to be 'my' Aaron Taylor who was supposedly born 1740 in Shieffield Ma and died 1817 in East Bloomfield although the DAR says died 1791/2 in Gorham NY. It is not documented however. I sure would like to nail this guy down!! If he is NOT the father of Polly Taylor, I am back to square one trying to find out who is. Any ideas?
Thanks for your reply,
Bev

Posted: 17 Nov 2010 12:54AM GMT
I'm looking for (I think) this Aaron Taylor too.
I have no idea who his wife was...but I have his children being John, David, Archibald, Aaron Jr., Polly, Bravity, and Anna.

(From 'Taylor-Staples Reunion' written by Frank E. Staples, 1901, p. 1)
It is said that three brothers by the name of Taylor came from England, were awhile in New Hampshire, that one of them went south, and the one that was Uncle Aaron Taylor's father located in Skaneateles, NY, when Uncle Aaron Taylor, who was born in Jefferson, NY was seven years of age. He was engaged in the flour milling business there until his death, which occurred in his 46th year.
There were seven children in his family, namely John, David, Archibald, Aaron, Bravity, Polly and Anna, after whom some of Uncle Aaron Taylor's children were named. It seems that this family and their descendants became widely scattered. John settled in Portsmouth, Ohio; David near Batavia, and Archibald at Onondaga, NY. Anna married a Mr. Ayers and lived in Ohio and Aaron settled near Jamestown, NY and was one of the well-known and highly respected pioneers of southern Chautauqua.

My Aaron Taylor married Marinda Staples.

Posted: 17 Nov 2010 2:24AM GMT
I am sorry I haven't answered before this. I didn't get a message that you had replied.
The Aaron Taylor I was speaking of is the one that was in East Bloomfield on the 1800 census. I just lately found that there was letters of administration for an Aaron Taylor in Genesee county, NY in 1819. I don't know if this is the same Aaron Taylor. The Phebe Taylor that is listed next to Aaron on the 1800 census is Elijah Taylor's widow.
I have been in touch with John Gould who was trying to find the father of Polly Taylor who married Josiah Jones Kellogg. John also thinks that Polly is a sister to my Moses Taylor but nothing to prove it.
I have done a lot of research in Ontario county on the Taylors there at that time.
Please contact me at treesearcher@rushmore.com. Maybe we can solve the mystery together.
Linda

Posted: 17 Nov 2010 2:26AM GMT
I just replied to Bev, I hope you can read it. I also would like to visit with you by e-mail. Please contact me at treesearcher@rushmore.com. Maybe between the 3 of us we can get this figured out.
I am going to try and find the Taylor-Staples Reunion" you wrote about. Maybe I can find mention of my Moses Taylor.

Linda

Posted: 17 Nov 2010 2:06PM GMT
Tried to send you information at the address you sent ....it was returned....

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 12:43AM GMT
Surnames: Taylor
Hi, I've been tracking the same Aaron Taylor, Sr [1740 Sheffield, MA - 1817 Bloomfield, NY] & Jr, [1776-1832 NY] son and grandson of Joseph Taylor & Johannah Ashley of Massachusetts. I need to prove a relationship between Aaron, Jr and his son George Taylor who moved from Niagara, NY to Townsend, Ontario, Canada. DAR requires proof and has told me to research wills at LDS church. It's interesting that you say he died intestate. This posting was a few years ago & I'm hoping you've found the information you're looking for.
Kathy Taylor Draper

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 4:23PM GMT
Hi,
I'm afraid that I don't show any information on any of Aaron's children or even who he married. I do have from FHC Film #811207, Letters of Administration, Genesee Co., NY 1812-1856, Vol. 2, p.282: To Joshua B. Adams, friend of Aaron Taylor late of the Town of Sweden, deceased". It says that Aaron died intestate. He gave full power to Joshua B. Adams to dispose of his property. The witness was Richard Smith, Esquire, Surrogate of said county at Batavia, the thirteenth day of November in 1819.
The town of Sweden is at present time in Monroe Co., NY. Sweden was established in 1814 from the town of Murray in Orleans Co., NY. This doesn't seem to be your Aaron Taylor, but I thought I'd post this since it was probably the one I asked about but didn't have the film number or any particulars.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to help. Have you had a DNA test done on one of your male Taylor family? This can help in possibly identifing Taylors that match.

Linda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions