Search for content in message boards

billups surname

billups surname

Posted: 24 Nov 2008 12:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi i do not know any of the name we are from the alabama area i now live in florida. our surname is Billups. we are darker skinned.

Re: billups surname

Posted: 11 Jan 2010 9:06PM GMT
i am a jennings, my mother maiden name was billups,her father was jimmy lee billups sr.and his son was jimmy lee billups jr.which was my uncle.my grandfather lived in ny back in the day.his son passed away in corona ny.any connection?

Posted: 23 Jan 2010 7:45AM GMT
Surnames: Billups ( Black ancestry )
Thank you so much for replying all of relatives from carrollton ,pickens, as i understand there are 2 sets of billups in carrollton al. i am trying to trace back to the slave ships. i live about an hour from the last load of slaves arrived in Mobile al.

my grand mother name is mary billups,her mother name was Millie Lawhorn all from carrollton al, and my mother and my anut father is Fawn Billups differnt set wow!. ask around see if any names ring bells. again thanks and please reply.

ada

Posted: 22 Feb 2010 1:18AM GMT
Hi,

I am a person of color, my fathes name is James, Oliver Billups and my grandfather was from Havanah, Ark. his name was Hudson,Billups, he married my granmother, Ruby Dickey, if any of these names fill in any spaces for you please e-mail me at cpitchlyn@att.net.

Thanks I am Carolyn, Billups, Pitchlyn

Posted: 23 Feb 2010 5:19AM GMT
Hi,

My maiden name is Billups, my people were from the south, my father I believe was born in Havanah, Ark. We are searching for our people, James Oliver is my fathers name, Billups is his last name, I have been searching for few years now, if you have any information, please contact me at cpitchlyn@att.net
Thank you

Posted: 23 Jun 2010 3:41PM GMT
My family lived in the Birmingham area and were dark skinned indians. My mother is a Billups.

Posted: 23 Jun 2010 3:43PM GMT
Names are Henry Joe Billups, Matterson Coleman Billups and Ellen Prather.

Posted: 23 Jun 2010 3:51PM GMT
Billups was my grandmother last name, she took her fathers last name Will Billups (Military) out of Aliceville al Her mother was Millie Lawhorn of Carrollton AL.I do not know his mother or fathers name. I am sure family members moved out of the area later.

thank you for replying
Ada

Posted: 26 Oct 2010 7:21PM GMT
Surnames: Billups
Ada my husband is from Reform, AL his last name is Billups and he may have some information you can use. His mother is still living in the area she may know your grandmother or at least some family members. What is your grandmother's name I will inquire. We live in Maryland.

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 6:52PM GMT
hi tks for replying , we were all born in carrollton al, my grandmother (mary billups she had a stroke and walked with a limp), her daughters (anniebell and margarine) margarine is my mother. my greatgrand mother mary's mother was millie lawhorn she had 12 other siblings ,tom,bud ,lillie,suewillie,laura,
per page

Find a board about a specific topic