Search for content in message boards

Davy family

Davy family

Posted: 10 Mar 2008 9:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DAvy
Hallo
-I am researching the Davy family from Norfolk England
- an old aunt said that we were related to Sir Humphrey Davy - there seems to be a slim threat of interest in science and engineering which runs in our veins -not that that means much!

Parts of this family go back to the 1500's in Norfolk
Does anyone out there have any info - or a tree they might share please - thanks - Anne

Re: Davy family

Posted: 4 Apr 2008 11:38PM GMT
i to am looking for Davys in Norfolk trying to trace a link between barnabus lee davy & Sir Humphry

Posted: 9 Jun 2008 9:11PM GMT
I have a Ann Davy born about 1772 from Sea Palling that married a Jonathon Spanton. I have no parents listed yet for her.

Posted: 4 Aug 2008 10:25PM GMT
Surnames: davy
Hi do yuo have an approx date of birth for barnabus lee davy ?? and i will check my records
Anne

Posted: 4 Aug 2008 10:27PM GMT
hi - dont thin i have anything on your Ann but i do remeber that ther was a family of davys from Sea Palling

Posted: 4 Aug 2008 10:27PM GMT
hi - dont thin i have anything on your Ann but i do remeber that ther was a family of davys from Sea Palling

Posted: 12 Aug 2008 8:04PM GMT
If your family is from Norfolk , then you are almost definitely not related to Sir Humphrey Davy . He was born about 1799 in Penzance , Cornwall where there was a very strong Davy presence . The Davy/Davey families had also been very strong in Norfolk and Suffolk since the 1300s

Posted: 12 Aug 2008 8:16PM GMT
Barnabus Lee Davy was born at Reydon , Suffolk about 1790 . In the 1851 census he was aged 60 , living with his wife Betsy Eliza ( born abt 1793 Reydon ) and Fanny Davy ( born abt 1839 Wenhaston ) at Wenhaston . In the 1881 census he was still ay Wenhaston aged 90 .

Re: Davy family Norfolk

Posted: 4 Dec 2008 8:53PM GMT
Hi - note your Barnabus Lee DAvy from Reydon
barnard is a popular name in my tree
and i believe family my have links to suffolk in 1700's
does your tree go back this far?
are you aware ofany links to Norwich area?
Anne

Posted: 24 Jan 2010 10:07PM GMT
My Davy's came from Old Buckingham, Norfolk Co. You can look at my tree under davy921
per page

Find a board about a specific topic