Search for content in message boards

Ragan Decendants ?

Ragan Decendants ?

Alfred Ragan (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ragan, Waters, Paulk
I am looking for all decendants of Philip Ragan (b. 1784) and Catherine Waters Paulk. These two are buried in Grady County GA. Please respond as soon as possible.

Re: Ragan Decendants ?

Posted: 4 Oct 2001 5:33PM GMT
Edited: 22 Sep 2003 11:39PM GMT

southern (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2001 1:13AM GMT
Surnames: Ragan
I started researching my family name and came across your message board. I don't know if my ancestors would be the same as yours. My father is Henry Ragan, my grandfather is John Ragan.

Alfred Ragan (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2002 1:48PM GMT
Surnames: Ragan, Carter
Would your grandfather be John Jarred Ragan? What year was he born?

Re: Ragan Decendants ? PHILLIP RAGAN!

Posted: 15 Aug 2003 3:40AM GMT
Surnames: RAGAN, RAGANS
Alfred, did you find out any more on Phillip Ragan? I have been hunting information on him for over 50 years. My dad was looking for information before that.
I got my hands on one Bible of John J.Jarred when I was a about 11 years old. I got my hands on the bible that the General George Washington Ragan side of the family had that Catherine had written in around 1978. Philip had signed in the front in 1846 I believe it was. Any way I have never for sure identified who his father was and how he arrived in Wilkerson County when he was about 46 years old and married Catherine Paulk widow of John Paulk in 1825. Catherine (Caterin) and John Paulk had three Children (Dorcas born 1816 who married Allen Bishop in 1834 in Decatur County, Georgia and went to Texas. William Paulk supposedly born in 1819 (he moved maybe to Alabama and Micager Paulk born 1822 who had a very large clan and lived around Tifton or Chula, Georgia. I have exact dates from the bibles but don't have in front of me. I understand that Phillip was the Brother of William Ragan and Brice Ragan (who married in Wilkerson County to Sylvia Barfield) . All lived in Wilkerson in 1830. Father of Phillip, I think was Brice Ragan, Sr. who was the son of Phillip Ragans, Sr. (born 1745-1756 who lived to be about 100 years of Westmoreland area of Pennsylvania. Brice Ragan served with Lafayette (the frenchman) I understood during the Rev. War and he died in Wilkerson County, Georgia about 1825-1827.
Maybe some one out there has some information on this.
After 1830, I have found no more information of Brice Ragan and Sylvia Barfield.
Please note there was a family in the area west of Macon, Georgia that named his children with very similar names. There was one John Jackson Jarred Ragans and another John J. (Jarrot or Jarerd) Ragans also. I understood they were maybe some kin.
What was your grandfather's name? Jack Ragans did do a book on Ragan and Ragans. Phillip children was only 7 but check out the Ragan, a coast to Coast it is posted there now. I know this is late but I have just got the internet for more research.

Posted: 25 Sep 2003 10:01PM GMT
Edited: 30 Dec 2005 9:18PM GMT
I am also looking for parents of Philip Ragan. Who had the bible you are referring to and how are you related??? My Ggrandfather was John J. Ragan, his daddy was Jordan Wilson Ragan. The Philip that I have found--- I haven't found a brother named Brice. There are 2 Philips. The other one is Philip A. Ragan. He isn't mine. My gandfather was Charlie Washington Ragan of Mitchell Co., GA. I would love for you to email me personally with the dates you have. Also who is the Jack that has done a history of the Ragans. How can I contact him?? I would appreciate any info anyone has about this line. Thanks. Ann

Richard Ragan (View posts)
Posted: 29 May 2005 1:54AM GMT
I have a number of old Ragan photos online for descendants of Philip Ragan and Catherine Waters Paulk.

http://www.smwarren.com/genealogy/index.htm

Regards, Richard Ragan

Allen Pensol (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2005 1:36PM GMT
Does the photo captioned "John Jackson Jarred Ragan, son of Phillip Ragan mean that this is the Father of Billington Philemon Ragan. I don't have info on the "Jackson" in John Jarred Ragan's name

Posted: 22 Jul 2005 6:43PM GMT
Edited: 30 Dec 2005 9:18PM GMT
John Jarred Ragan IS the father of Billington Philemon Ragan. Don't know about the "Jackson".

allen pensol (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2005 7:28PM GMT
Well, I thought so. Billington Philemon Ragan is my gggrandfather by his daughter Claudia Ragan Milton, my ggrandmother. Yes, the "Jackson" thing threw me. Except for the photo of Catherine , Phillip's wife, I've seen all the photos, in fact I have several originals...and the picture identified as John Jarred is familiar , but I didn't know who it was. Thanks for responding.
Allen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic