Search for content in message boards

Searching for Missing Aghinagh/Clondrohid parish records

Searching for Missing Aghinagh/Clondrohid parish records

Thomas Muench (View posts)
Posted: 13 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Twohig
Sometime during the period 1824-1840 the townlands around the village of Ballinagree (on River Launey just north of Marcroom) changed from the R.C. parish of Clondrohid to the R.C. parish of Aghinagh. This was also accompanied by the building of a new church up the road about half a mile. Anyway, the records from this area, particularly from the townland of Knocknagappul (Horsemount), for this period of change seem to have disappeared. They are in Clondrohid up until 1824 and in Aghinagh after 1840. My ggf William Twohig was supposed to have been born durning this time, and, therefore, I can't find any records of his birth.

Now it is just possible that these records are somewhere in the area in someone's possession without their knowing it. I would simply like to alert people in the area who are looking at these queries to the possibility of finding these records.

family history

edward j. twohig (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: twohig, o'malley
to find persons doing research on twohig family name

Joseph TWOHIG

Posted: 21 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jan 2006 12:30PM GMT
Surnames: TWOHIG, BULMAN
Looking for information on Joseph Twohig b.1919 d. 1958 married to Eileen Bulman b. 1924 d. 1990 d/o Francis Bulman Both died in Massachusetts.
Thank you
Larry Murphy
Boston, MA

Re: Searching for Missing Aghinagh/Clondrohid parish records

Jack (View posts)
Posted: 11 May 2002 9:11PM GMT
I think that the Catholic parish of Aghinagh was part of a union with the parish of Macroom prior to 1848.

Re: Joseph TWOHIG

Joseph M Twohig Jr (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2003 1:49AM GMT
I am the son of Joseph M Twohig Sr and Eileen Bulman My mother is still alive and well at 84yrs lives in Cornish Flats NH. She remarried in 1985 to Ken Nunan of Georgetown Ma. She also lives in Dunnellon Fl part of the year. Mt father was born on 14 Apr 1915 in Brockton Ma. Son of Patrick J twohig and Cathrine Lyons. He graduated St Johns Hs. 1933. He was married to my mother for 39yrs before he died on 14 Apr 1981. He had three children Cathy 1948, Frances 1950-2001, and Joe 1952. He has one sister Mary Coakley still alive in Malden Ma. Her husband Thomas Coakley died in 2002. they have one son Danial Coakley 1947 lives in Plymouth Ma or Tewksbury Ma. I hope this helps you . I currently live in San Antonio Tx and have two sons Patick Joseph 1975 and Brian Thomas 1977. My wife is Linda Shaeffer from England born to USAF parents .

Feel free to e-mail for other info Joe T

Posted: 22 Aug 2007 3:46AM GMT
hey Larry ilost your email address. Eileen is alive and well at 88 yrs old in New Hampshire. My father Joe Sr died 14 Apr 1981 in West Roxbury Ma. I will be in Boston on 5 sept 07 until 12 sept 07 . My address is JOET63@satx.rr.com
My sister cathy is living between NH and RI. All is well with my family Email me your address

Cousin Joe

Posted: 23 Oct 2007 2:41AM GMT
I have some Twohigs that were married into the Sannell family. The Scannells came from Rathcomrac, Cork.
The Twohig connection goes to Ireland with Charles Twohig married to Emma Tobin.
I will be in Rathcormac next month, November 07, checking on further Scannell history (I've been there before).
Is there anything I can look for while there?
Best regards, Don McCullough

Re: family history

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 6:33PM GMT
Surnames: Twohig
Hi
I am doing a search on my family name Twohig of Ahakista, Durras, Co Cork, Ireland

Posted: 28 Dec 2012 3:47AM GMT
have you seen the durrus website (west cork)? also have you seen irisgenealogy.ie site? there were twohig's in Kilmoe civil parish and connections between the parishes.

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 10:41PM GMT
My wife's cousin Peter Twohig's daughter Catherine married Henry (Harry) Arundel in 1925/6. We are searching for later descendants. They lived in Rusnacahera, Cork.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions