Search for content in message boards

Johannsen / Dueholm (aka Johansen / Duholm) from Bylderup and Abenra

Johannsen / Dueholm (aka Johansen / Duholm) from Bylderup and Abenra

Connie L. Ganz (View posts)
Posted: 23 Dec 2003 7:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: JOHANNSEN, DUEHOLM, JOHANSEN, DUHOLM
Seeking info about and descendants of Asmus Christian Johannsen (b. June 6, 1844, Bylderup) and his wife, Cecelia Petersen (b. October 9, 1841). Their children include Peter Petersen Johannsen, Cecelia Christine Johannsen, Katrina (Catherine) Margaret Johannsen, Christian Peter Johannsen, and Anna Magdalena Johannsen.

My lineage is through Peter, who married Meta Marie Dueholm (b. April 17, 1864 in Ribe) in California in 1890. Meta's parents were Christian Andersen Dueholm (b. March 15, 1829 in Abenra) and Karen Marie Sorensdatter (b. August 20, 1832 Nibsager Parish/Vejle). Meta's siblings were Dorthea (Dora) Christine (Kjerstine) Dueholm, Anna Christina Dueholm, Soren Hansen Dueholm, Jens Christian Dueholm, and Kathrine Dueholm.

Our family settled in northern California mainly in Eureka, Arcata, and Ferndale. Any relatives out there?

Re: Johannsen / Dueholm (aka Johansen / Duholm) from Bylderup and Abenra

Posted: 27 Mar 2007 1:40AM GMT
Surnames: Duholnn, Duholm, Dueholnn, Rasmussen
Hi! It's possible that we may be related. My great-grandmother, Dora C Rasmussen's maiden name was Dueholm, and her father was Soren. It is all I know of that part of my family. Can you fill me in a little more? They settled in Humbolt Co, CA.

Posted: 2 Apr 2013 8:56PM GMT
Hello, I am the grand daughter of Christine Alvina Johansen which she was born March 23, 1900 she married Martin Murphy and had a son Martin Murphy and my mother was Meta Marie Murphy born July 13, 1937. Your thread mentions her name as Cecelia Christine Johansen, I beleive this maybe my granmother as the names mentioned with her were names of great aunt and uncles that I have heard of or meant. Mostly from the Modesto California area. Peter Johansen High School in Modesto Ca was named after her brother. Does any of this sound familiar?

Posted: 2 Apr 2013 11:24PM GMT
Surnames: Johansen
Hi. Yes, we are cousins from the Modesto family. Cecelia Chrstine Johansen was actually Christina Alvina's aunt, who married Jeff Nissen. I would love to exchange info to update my Johansen tree. Please email me at goodshep6@juno.com.

Posted: 12 Apr 2013 5:45AM GMT
Surnames: Johansen, Feil
My great-great-great grandmother is from this area of Germany. Her name was Christine Johansen (sp??). She married Marcus Daniel Feil and later died in 1898. Cannot find immigration records for either of them. Our family ended up in the South Dakota area of the U.S. with 3 family members moving to the New Mexico area.

Posted: 8 Jul 2013 3:47AM GMT

Hello, my name is Kellee Ann Newell dob 3/20/67(maiden - Glenn) daughter of Meta Marie Murphy (married - Glenn)and my email is kelleenewell@gmail.com. The only surviving family members are my Sister Meta Marie Glenn and Brothers Martin Joseph Staton and Christopher Mark Staton. Don't recall a lot of information as I lost my dad Norman Murray Glenn is jan. 1986 and mother Meta Marie Glenn in 1988 and my grandmother Christina Alvina Johansen July 1986. Look forward to hearing from you.

Posted: 25 Feb 2014 10:23PM GMT
Hi Connie. From a somewhat distant relative. First of all thank you for all the work you did ~2004. My mother gave me a couple of boxes of pictures, and in it was your "Family History" narritive and an associated breakdown of the family tree you had created at the time. My lineage is thru Christian Peter Johansen - Gladys Marie Johansen - Jeanne Marie Peterson. We have lived most of our life in Sacramento, CA. What else would you like to know that I could tell you that you don't already know?

Posted: 26 Feb 2014 10:50PM GMT
Thanks for your message. Please email me at goodshep6@juno.com so we can exchange data. Connie

Posted: 19 Mar 2014 6:40PM GMT
I have some questions. When did Gladys move to CA? Did Adolph Peterson die in OR or CA? Gladys burial location? Thanks. Connie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions