Search for content in message boards

Jacob Back/Sarah Loyd's daughters

Jacob Back/Sarah Loyd's daughters

Posted: 3 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Jul 2002 6:23PM GMT
Surnames: BACK, LOYD, COOPER, ANDREW
My Backs were related to the Backs of Breathitt Co KY.Since so many on this page research Back/Bach,I wonder if anyone would have information on the following:
Jacob Back,born 1764,married Sarah Loyd.Among their children were daughters,Patience,who married Henry Cooper and Mary Nancy,who married his brother,Daniel Cooper.In all the info on the Backs,Henry and Patience are listed as the parents of Elizabeth B Cooper,who married John C Andrews.
However,a cousin says Elizabeth has to be the daughter of Daniel/Nancy because of the wording of Jacob Back's will about his grandchildren.Would anyone have any proof of whose daughter she is?Thanks

Loyd Family

john loyd (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: LOYD
I am looking for info. about the Loyd family is your Sarah (Sally) Loyd the daughter of Thomas Loyd and the sister of Ferthias and Nicholas (ky) if yes, who is Thomas Loyds wife and parents and where did they come from???? Maybe N.J. to Va. to Tenn. to KY.???? John Loyd

Re: Loyd Family

Posted: 20 Dec 2001 6:37PM GMT
Edited: 6 May 2003 11:52PM GMT
Surnames: LOYD, DAVIS, ODEN, EBLEN
John, I read a post you made on Thomas Loyd in July of 2000 and would like to exchange information. I am looking for a Mary Loyd that may have been Thomas's daughter or sister. I have in my lines a Phineas Davis m. Mary Loyd, Dec.26,1804, in Greene co.TN. Several other researchers have said this Mary was the daughter of Abel Loyd and Hannah ?. I have recently come across information that shows that Abel and Hannah's Mary Loyd was not born until 1794 and so could not have been but ten years old when Phineas Davis married our Mary Loyd. I have a copy of the marriage bond, showing a Thomas Loyd as the person being responsible for the bond. Phineas and Mary moved sometime after that to Wayne co.KY. Phineas is shown in the 1810 Wayne co.KY census as having two young male children (under ten) and one young female child (under ten), also one adult male and one adult female in the household. I assume that this is Mary and their first three children. They had another child in about 1811, in Wayne co.KY. This was Nathan(iel) Thomas Davis. Also, in this census, there is a Nicholas Loyd next to them on the census. Could this be a brother (?) to Mary? I have information on Nathan Thomas Davis starting with his marriage in 1831, to Malinda Oden b.abt.1813 TN. They married in Roane co.TN. They are next found in 1850 Blount co.AL with eight children, all born in AL. They moved to Leon co. Texas sometime between 1852 and 1860 and are shown in the Leon co.TX census 1860, with nine children, all born in AL. I have not been able to find out any more about Phineas (or Phinias, or Phenias it is spelled several different ways), or Mary Loyd after the 1810 Wayne co.census. I also do not know who Nathan Thomas brothers and sister were. I know Nathan Thomas descendants through most of his children up to the late 1800's and through his son Nathan Lloyd Davis to current. Nathan Lloyd was my maternal grandfather's grandfather. Sorry this is so long! I would appreciate hearing if any of this is connected with your line of Loyds. Thanks, Alice Braddy Davis

John loyd (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 2001 1:15PM GMT
Alice.. I am not sure what help I can be to you as I have gotten my information about Thomas Loyd (b abt 1745) from the internet and don't know anything about him except that he had a bunch of children who came to Ky from Tenn about 1800. I also thought Thomas Loyd died abt 1795. Do you have a dod on Thomas ? Do you know if Abel Loyd and Thomas are brothers ?? I have always thought Thomas's father was John Loyd b abt 1725 ?? But I have not gotten anyone to agree with me yet and I can't prove it.. Do you have any thoughts on that subject ? Thanks for the reply. John Loyd

Posted: 13 Jul 2002 9:37PM GMT
Edited: 15 Nov 2002 4:39PM GMT
Surnames: Wann
Hello!
I have a list of family prepared by my ggrandmother years and years ago. She said her grandfathers family was:
Thomas Loyd born May 6, 1812 and Sarah Wann born Dec 17, 1817. Married in Jackson Co Ala Aug 31, 1834
Children:
James Sept 30,1835
Jordan Dec 19, 1837
Margaret Mar 4, 1840
George Sept 15, 1842
Rachel Mar 4, 1845
Sameul Jan 15, 1848
Franklin Jan 10, 1857
Mary Ann Jan 11, 1854 ****my line
Francis Buck Nov 27, 1856
William Aug 7, 1859
Burrel Feb 9, 1864
Alfred Jan 18, 1862

I'm looking for information about Sarah Wann.
Thanks Lou Ann

John Loyd (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 2002 12:06PM GMT
Thanks for the reply Lou Ann. I think we are in the same family but my Thomas Loyd was born about 1745 and his father maybe John Loyd???? I keep waiting for some to prove this theory because I have not been able to do it... John Loyd

Posted: 9 Jan 2013 9:49PM GMT
In Berkeley Co., VA 1788: James Loyd married Elizabeth Kennedy.
Berkeley Co., Tax records show:
1787: James and Able Loyd are shown on the tax records of Berkeley Co., VA
Berkeley County [WV] Personal Property Tax 1787 - List “A”:
p. 1405 [date?] numerated same day: Aberham Allis, Jacob Allis, Edward Bradley, James Carr, Thomas Carr, Soloman Chaffman, Jr., Robert Dunn, Thomas Foster, Jr., Jacob Gates, Jno Gates, Richd Gates, Daniel Kennedy, Able Loyd, James Loyd, Christly Miller, Henry Rames, Thomas Sharp, Jacot Sitter, Ann Stephens, Amos Tharp, James and Robert Walker, Josiah Whitsail and Jacob Wise
In Greene Co., TN the following Transactions occur.
1787: John Loyd rec. 350 ac. NC Land Grant
1793: Able Loyd (wife Hannah)bought land from John Hayes I have heard a rumor she may be a Kennedy also.
1795: Thomas Loyd rec. 200 acres from John Loyd and this and the following transactions happen on the same day.
1795: James Loyd purchases 440 acres from Daniel Rawlings and Able buys land from William Berry, John Hays (Daniel is the son of Asheal Rawlings whose wife I believe is Margaret Kennedy Rawlings, ½ sister of Col. Daniel.
They all lived in the Mill Creek area of the Limestone, on the border of Green/WA Co.
Thanks,
Jayne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions