Search for content in message boards

MOLLIE SHELTON, Pittsylvania Co., VA

MOLLIE SHELTON, Pittsylvania Co., VA

Posted: 9 Dec 2008 3:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ELLIXSON, SHELTON, ROYSTER, WILLIAMS, CHANDLER, WEAVER, SANFORD, POOL
I am searching for a SHELTON family and have very little information and no dates...Just a name of MOLLIE SHELTON.

MOLLIE married JAMES STEPHEN ELLIXSON aka JOHN L. ELLISON and they lived in Pittsylvania Co., VA.

I received documentation from the pension papers for JAMES and found that he married second to MOLLIE SHELTON and that she divorced him...MOLLIE was still alive in June of 1914 when JAMES passed away.
James's first wife died after the June 1900 census and before May 1901.

In 1910 census JAMES was living with a HOGAN family and was listed as a boarder. I'm assuming they married about 1901 and she divorced him before 1910.

I would be grateful for any help you can give me and if you can suggest anyone else I can contact I would appreciate it.
Many Thanks,
Joanne

Re: MOLLIE SHELTON, Pittsylvania Co., VA

Posted: 24 Jan 2011 4:53PM GMT
Surnames: Shelton

I have a Mollie Shelton. She was the sister of my great grandmother and the daughter of Harriet Hines Shelton & Andrew Jackson F. Shelton. If I am not mistaken she lived in Altavista, Va "Pittsylvania Co."

Erma Jane Barbour

Posted: 24 Jan 2011 5:38PM GMT
MOLLIE SHELTON, married JAMES STEPHEN ELLIXSON....and according to the divoroce papers, she filed for the divorce 3 years after he deserted her. Information I have is that she has 6 siblings.
Regards,
Joanne

Posted: 24 Jan 2011 7:03PM GMT
Yes...Mollie married Ellixson.
Sisters were...
Lucy
Betty m. Jones
Havana Jane m. Anslum Tazwell Dalton,
Alice,
Pattie m. D.M.Worley

I will check with family to see if there was another sibling.

Posted: 24 Jan 2011 7:57PM GMT
I am terribly sorry. It seems I might have mislead you.
This just came in from my cousin:

Molly Shelton Pendergrass
Havana Jane Shelton Dalton
Patty Hines Worley (1/2 sister)
Alice Hines (1/2 sister)
Betty Alcora Shelton Jones
Lucy Shelton Edwards

Brothers
Frank Shelton
Walton Shelton

Their Mother's name was Harriett Lucas Hines Shelton father was Andrew Jackson Fernandez Shelton

Posted: 29 Jan 2011 5:28PM GMT
I have a marriage for John Ellison and Mollie B Shelton, d/o Andrew Jackson Shelton and Harriet Hines as Oct 3 1903. However, that said, the birth date for John Ellison looks like 1821 while she was born abt 1882..... which is a large difference. Did they divorce? Her grandparents (John Hines and Sarah Mayhew) had married in Dec 1834 and divorced in 1875. With that much of an age difference, if I have it right, did he just die and James is a different fellow or did she divorce him because of such a huge age difference? Perhaps I just have their age incorrect?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions