Search for content in message boards

Turner's of Freestone Co, Texas

Turner's of Freestone Co, Texas

Amy Frick (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 2000 1:20PM GMT
My gg grandparents were from Freestone County Texas, but because they died in the flu epidemic of 1918, my family didn't keep in touch well with the Turners years later. Emmett Eaton Turner and Amanda Elizabeth Wright were married in 1894 in Freestone Co. Amanda was also born in that county in 1874. Their children were: Elma Eaton, Alvin Emmett, Althea G., Oran E., Vernon O., Eston Wright, E. Mosley, and Mary Elizabeth. Elma Eaton is my g grandfather, but the info on his siblings is far few between. Can anyone help me find all these Turners?? Most of them stayed in or around Freestone County. Thanks much, Amy Frick

Turners in Freestone Co, TX

Lisa (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2001 9:31PM GMT
Amy,
My g grandfather, Samuel Houston Turner (born 1846 TX) and family were living in Freestone Co, TX for the 1880 census. The family could first be found with the arrival of Samuel's father, Samuel (born 1812 SC) when he came to TX in 1837. He named his children: Pleasant, Mary Ann Elizabeth, Samuel Houston, Emily, Moses, Candace and William. I do know that Emily married a Thomas J West and they moved to Freestone Co, TX.

Re: Turner's of Freestone Co, Texas

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 1:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Amy,
My grandfather was Alvin Emmett Frick Sr.San Antonio/Floresville)married to Palma D. Frick orig of El Paso in your post. We are prob related. his father- Henry Frick of Bandera (BC sheriff *1870 according to book found-brother has old old Colt 44) I am transplanted to Louisiana 1976-(have adapted to crawfish, etoufee, alligator cajun food).age 49.
Who is your father/ grandfather. I only knew of grandfather brother who was supposed in Eagle Pass.never met)I was curious to see another Frick when I noticed your post. Thanks in adv.

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 5:57PM GMT
Amy if you are still out there doing research on Freestone Co. Texas Turners, please contact me. Don't have much Turner information but my Grandmother was Edna Earl Turner,1877-1946 and her father was Thomas Newton Turner. they were from the Nacoghoches area of TX.My Turners have been a brick wall for years. thanks Ed. Keen

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 3:51AM GMT
Surnames: Turner
Mr. Keen
I just read your post about Turner's in Nacogdoches TX. Thomas Newton Turner was my great grandfather. His daughter Vera Vestel Turner Garton was my grandmother.
I am like you I have been working on this since 1999 and can not get past Thomas Turner. I know where he is buried but can not find a death record for him. The only thing I have found with his name on it is the marriage license to my great grandmother Emory Ann Stacy Turner. What little information I have you are welcome to. Just let me know if I can be of any help to you.
Thanks
Debbie

Posted: 20 Mar 2013 12:24AM GMT
Hi Debbie, My Turner line has frustrated me for many years. I cannot prove that Thomas Newton Turner is even my ancestor but he seems to be the only logical choice.If infact I descend from his line then he would also be my great grandfather.If I have it correct, Thomas was married first to a women named Anna Apperson. Their daughter Edna Earl was my grandmother.I have found the records to both his marriage to Anna and to Emma. I have him on 1900 and 1910 census in Nocgdoches Texas. I would hope you might shed some light as to where he is buried? If the record for his marriage Anna is correct then he was in Desoto co. Ms. in 1870 but I cannot locate them in 1880 when my grandmother should have been one year old. The only other peice of information I have is a copy of an old letter(1917) sent to me some years ago from another ancestry member written by Thelma Turner, a daughter of thomas and Emma. I would like any type of information you can share to shed some much needed light on this mystery. Ed
per page

Find a board about a specific topic