Search for content in message boards

STEPHENS

Posted: 16 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Mar 2002 4:23PM GMT

STEPHENS, from around Whitley City, Ky. in McCreary County. GEORGE WASHINGTON STEPHENS, born 12-24-1873.GABRIEL STEPHENS married ELIZABETH, ELIJAH STEPHENS, POLLY STEPHENS 1800's around Jelico creek. born in Whitley County

Re: STEPHENS

BERTHA STEPHENS LOYD (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT

I TO AM RESEARCHING THE STEPHENS FAMILY TREE. MY GRANDFATHER
WAS EDD G STEPHENS OF PINE KNOT MY DAD LET THERE VERY YOUNG.
I HAVE SOME INFORMATION ON THE FAMILY AND WOULD BE MORE THAN
GLAD TO SHARE WITH YOU. MY GREAT GREAT GREAT GRANDFATHER WAS MOSES STEPHENS FATHER OF SOLMON, ELISHA,& JOSHUA
MY HOME ADDRESS IF YOU SHOULD WANT TO WRITE THE OLD WAY
IS BERTHA STEPHENS LOYD 1319 CHRISTY AVE LOU,KY 40204
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CALL MY PHONE IS 502-584-5875
PLEASE ANSWER ME BACK.

Barbara Stevens (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT

Could your Edd G.Stephens be the older brother of Ernst Stephens?

Posted: 29 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jul 2001 8:28AM GMT

This is the same family that my husband came from I believe. His grandfather was Ernest STEPEHNS born1896 in Pine Knot KY. His Great Grandfather John Nathan STEPHENS was born in 1868 in Marsh Creek, Whitley Co. He was the son of Benjamin STEPHENS b. 1848 in Whitley Co KY. Benjamin was the son of William Stephens b 1818 KY.. we lost track of William right after the Civil War but his wife Patsy was still living later I believe. Could your family be related to this one. We have zillions of census data -- Please e-mail soonest we are excited.

BERTHA LOYD (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT

DEAR BARBARA I GOT YOUR MESSAGE. MY GRANDFATHER EDWARD STEPHENS WAS THE SON OF JOHN LINSEY STEPHENS. JOHN LIKE HIS FATHER BEFORE HIM WHO WAS CALVIN STEPHENS HAD 14 CHILDREN
AS FAR AS I KNOW. JOHN'S KIDS ARE MELVINA, LILLIE, WILLIAM=
BORN 1883 & A TWIN WHO'S NAME I DON'T HAVE. NEXT WAS JOHN P.
HALIE ,ADA,ISABELL, WESLEY,ALBERT,EDWARD=BORN 1895, THEN WAS
DAISY, DICY,& LAST WAS NOBLE STEPHENS. THERE IS A EDGER
STEPHENS THAT LIVES IN PINE KNOT WHO IS A COUSIN TO MY
DAD WHO IS DANIEL. I WILL BE MORE THAN GLAD TO HELP YOU.
I AM ALWAYS GLAD TO FIND SOMEONE ELSE THAT MIGHT BE KIN.
IF YOU COULD SEND ME A ANCESTORAL CHART IT WOULD HELP.
IN THE MEAN TIME I'LL TRY TO CHECK WHAT I HAVE & SEE IF I CAN COME UP WITH ANYTHING. MY WRITING MAY NOT BE THE BEST
BUT WOULD LOVE THE HEAR FROM YOU . YOU CAN WRITE TO ME AT
1319 CHRISTY AVE LOU,KY 40204 IF YOU WOULD LIKE OR THROUGH
THE E.MAIL.

BY FOR NOW

BERTHA LOYD

BORN=RN=

Posted: 7 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jul 2001 8:28AM GMT

Great to hear from you. We have sorted the Stephens name in the Kentucky census records for Whitley, McCreary counties.

It is gtreat to find a cousin. We have been working on this line for about 15 years -- off and on.

I am in Virginia this week and will not be able to put the information together until this week end. But I will send it. I am bvery eager to exchange information.

Thanks again for your note.

Stephens/King

Amy Phelps Kear (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Stephens, King, Lay, Shepherd, Angel
Hi,

My ggg grandfather was Calvin Stephens b. 16 Apr 1829 d. 2 Jul 1906. He married Nancy Shepherd daughter of Nimrod Shepherd.

My gg grandfather was James Martin Stephens b. 1856. He married Sophrony Susan 'Frona Sue' King, daughter of Enos King and Nnacy Angel

My g grandmother was Amanda Ellen 'Mandy' Stephens b. 3 Jan 1890 d. 4 Aug 1971. She married Thomas Jefferson Lay son of John and Winny Lay.

My grand father is John Luster Lay b. 12 Jul 1932. He married Pauline Braden on 16 Jan 1954.

My mother is Sheila Lyvonne Lay b. 13 Feb 1955. She married George Gregory 'Greg' Phelps on 11 Jan 1974.

and.. I am Amy Beth Phelps b. 1 Dec 1974. I married Tracy Lyn Kear on 3 Apr 1993.

I would love to hear from the cousins out there. Would be glad to exchange info.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Amy

Stephens

Brad Buck (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: HEATH, FREEMAN, GRIDER, CHITWOOD
I have a picture from 1917-1924 timeframe entitled "A sad day at the house of Miss Nola Stephens" which I interpret to be a funeral. It pictures Nola and my grandparents (probably not yet wed) Flenor Heath and Nannie Freeman as well as a number of other people.

If anyone wants to see the picture I will be glad to email-

Brad in Columbus, OH

Re: Stephens

Posted: 12 Jun 2005 10:27PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jun 2005 2:41PM GMT
Surnames: STEPHENS
Hi, I would like to have an email copy of the picture you have of Nola Stephens and others. Thanks, anna
Posted: 6 Mar 2006 10:38PM GMT
Surnames: Bryant/Robinson/Robertson/Robison/Stevens/Stephens
I am searching for information on my g.g.g.g. aunt Edith Robertson/Robison/Robinson from Whitley & Wayn Co.KY. She died at 102 in the home of Absolom Stevens, born abt 1857. Father born in VA and mother in NC. He was married to Abbie G. b. abt. 1861. I believe Edith may have been a Stephens at one time and Absolom her son. Edith's maiden name is Bryant. Absolom had a brother James W. b. abt. 1860 who was blind. Any help appreciated. Jackie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions