Search for content in message boards

FORSYTH-Summerville Cemetery, Sect. 21-Augusta,Richmond,Georgia

FORSYTH-Summerville Cemetery, Sect. 21-Augusta,Richmond,Georgia

Posted: 26 Aug 2005 8:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Mar 2006 4:59PM GMT
Surnames: FORSYTH
Buried in the Summerville Cemetery at Augusta,Georgia: #1A Sacred to the Memory of Mrs. Fannie Forsyth, widow of Maj. Robert Forsyth, of the Revolutionary Army who departed this life at Louisville in Georgia on the __ day of Sept. A.D. 1805. in the 46th year of her age and of #1B her infant granddaughter Frances Julia Forsyth who expired the preceding day at the same place; in the 2nd year of her age. The remains of his mother and his child were removed to his spot on the 18th day of November 1824, and this stone placed over them by the direction of the Son and the father.

Re: FORSYTH-Summerville Cemetery, Sect. 21-Augusta,Richmond,Georgia

Posted: 22 Apr 2006 4:26PM GMT
Surnames: Forsyth, Forsythe
Perhaps little Frances Julia was the daughter of John Forsyth who went on to be instrumental in the history of the USA. Do you have any info about the second son of Maj Robert F? Where he was born and his full name? I have a copy of a parish register entry of 1754 in Carlisle, England which records the birth of Robert son of Moriah F. Is there a connection I wonder?

Re: FORSYTH-Summerville Cemetery, Sect. 21-Augusta,Richmond,Georgia

Bobby (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2006 4:32PM GMT
Sorry, I am not related to this family. There graves are from a visit to the cemetery, and I put them on for researchers, like yourself, for you alls information. HAPPY HUNTING, Bobby
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions