Search for content in message boards

Col. Ebenezer Zane painting or portrait....

Col. Ebenezer Zane painting or portrait....

Posted: 4 Apr 2004 2:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Feb 2005 4:05AM GMT
Surnames: Zane
Hello Everybody,
I am trying to find a portrait or painting/picture of a painting of our Col. Ebenezer Zane. Has anybody ever seen one or know where I might be able to find one? I thought that him being in the position of importance that he was that there would be one of him somewhere. Any suggestions?
Thank You,
John Shearer
San Diego, Ca.

Re: Col. Ebenezer Zane painting or portrait....

Posted: 16 May 2004 1:12AM GMT
Edited: 19 May 2004 12:11AM GMT
Dear John I'am a decended of Ebenezer Zane. He is my sixth great grandfather.If you get a picture of Ebenezer could you e-mail it to me. I would be thankful. How are you related to Ebenezer Zane.

Posted: 16 May 2004 5:47AM GMT
Cecilia,
Ebenezer Zane is my 9th Great Uncle. His sister Elizabeth "Betty" Zane is my 9th Great Grandmother.
If I get a pic of Ebenezer I'll let you know, and have no problem with sharing it. I do have pics of his grave site. Not sure if you would like them or not. He is laid to rest with Jonathan to his right and Elizabeth (his wife) to his left.
John

Cecilia (View posts)
Posted: 20 May 2004 10:16PM GMT
John
Thanks for your email my sister sue wrote to you we are Ebenezers 7th great grand-daughters and if we fine his picture we will get you a copy. We have been working on our line for awhile but can't find any family still around from our line to help in our search about the grand-parents. most of my findings are found in the Wheeling Room. We would like to find pictures of the others if you stumble upon any please let me know Cecilia (Jeanie)

Posted: 20 May 2004 10:27PM GMT
Cecilia (Jeanie),
I will continue my search and I will forward you any information I find. Please feel free to email me at home to talk about the Zane crew.
Regards,
John

Posted: 23 Jun 2004 3:00AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2004 11:03AM GMT
Surnames: ZANE
In over 32 years of tracing this family, I have never heard of any reference to any painting, picture or portrait of Col. Ebenezer Zane. Wish there were. I am descended from his brother, Jonathan Zane. Some family possessions are in the Sedgewick Museum in Martin's Ferry, Ohio.
Please let me know if you ever find anything on Eb.
diane j nichols

Posted: 25 Jun 2004 1:38AM GMT
Hi Diane,
If I do find one I'll let everybody know. I am desended from his sister, Elizabeth Betty Zane.
John Shearer

Molli Shulski (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2004 2:40AM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2004 2:46AM GMT
Surnames: ZANE
While in Wheeling over the summer, I did find a poster portrait of Betty Zane in a store across from the Welcome center downtown. I am also a descendent of Ebenezer Zane.

diane j. nichols (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2004 3:48AM GMT
Hi Molli and welcome to the family. Would love to know just how you descend from Ebenezer. I descend from his brother, Jonathan. I have a lot of info on the family and would love to share.
diane

molli shulski (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2004 12:16AM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2004 2:47AM GMT
Surnames: ZANE, ROBINSON
Hi Diane, and thanks for the welcome. I have seen your name alot in my search for history and the Zane family. I descend from Ebenezer himself. His daughter Gretchen married John Robinson, and the Robinson's are my direct descendents. I have been to Wheeling and Belmont County several times and can't seem to get enough of it. I was there just 2 weeks ago. I have been tied up over the years to prove that James Robinson was our family patriot in the Revolutionary War. I have collected all of my info, and now I am branching out to other bloodlines. Any info you have I would greatly appreciate. Thank you again.
Molli
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions